Al Core Supreme Vs Al Legend Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryFancy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello SB!

New diver looking at buying my first regulator. The reason I am choosing Aqua Lung is that is is very easy to get serviced in my area of MA. I am curious if anyone can explain to me any differences between the AL Core Supreme and AL Legend Supreme. I know that they are have environmentally dry sealed 1st stage and as best I can tell the 2nd stage is probably the same...

I have been able to test by instructors Legend, which I loved, but I have not been able to test the Core Supreme. Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks!

Lots of parts of the 1st stage are identical (same order number) like the main spring, hp seat,crown, diaphragm, spring pad, etc

Same with 2nd stages, so technically no real difference. The Legend components of the 1st and 2nd stages bodies are better than the ones of the Core (former Titan LX Supreme).

Pretty sure you won't be able to feel any difference while diving one or the other regulator.

Good luck!:)

I have the Core Supreme primary and octo and absolutely love them both! Much lower price point than the Legend, but just an overall great product with which I am very satisfied.

As previously stated, the Core line is an extension/replacement of the Titan line, so it has been tried, tested, and constantly improved for years and years and years, ultimately resulting in the regulator we use today. The environmental seal is almost a great option if you will be diving in more extreme conditions.

The Core Supreme is a great reg for a beginner, so I most definitely recommend a purchase!

Good luck and happy diving :)

Thanks for the replies! I had a chance to test the Legend vs the Titan today in open water and I "thought" it was slightly easier to breath from especially upside down and at depth. At my LDS the total cost for me to go with the legend was about $100 more than the core, so that is what I have purchased. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom