Akumal or PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roatan is going to be our next dive trip. Where did you stay and which shop did you use?

We stayed at the Mayan Princess in a second floor, beach front unit. West Bay is an incredible beach and several bars and restaurants with in walking distance. The Mayan just opened up a new dive shop, I think it's called Mayan Divers. Excellent. Anja was top notch and we got to dive both sides of the island.

They are opening up a new condo hotel on West Bay (may be open now) called Infinity Bay. Looks pretty cool.

10 dives for $250. Man, can't beat the price. Dive sites are minutes away and boat left directly off the beach in front of hotel.

Over all we liked the Sirenis very much. The price was good, the people were very nice, and the place is extremely neat and clean. It is spread out over a large area, so there can be a lot of walking to get from place to place. One thing that every one complains about is the lack of bathroom privacy. When they designed the resort someone had the idea that putting a very large opening in the bathroom wall would look cool. The shower and toilet do have doors, but the bathtub is right the middle of the window, and there is no place to change clothes. This set up is not too much of a problem for 2 people, but it would not work for a family.
Take a look at these pictures on Flickr. All the resort and beach pictures are of the Sirenis.
Over all we had a great time and would gladly go back.

Flickr: Search SteveC69's photos

I actually think that window thing in the bathroom looks kind of cool, but then I'm not bringing the kids along so privacy is not really a big issue. Thanks for the pics. I'm thinking I will just wait and see what the rates are and go from there. Both resorts look great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom