Akumal-bahia Principe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClearwaterKING

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
:reaper: Looking fer feed back from anyone who has dove with BAHIA DIVERS out of bahia principe akumal/tulum. I have there web site,looks pro. but would like ta hear it from a fellow diver thats gone out with them..thanks:dshades:

I could not praise these folks enough. I dove with these folks last January. They do everything for you except breath. I was lucky enough to have the same DM on most of my dives and I think he was the best DM I ever dove with. Stefeno
If you take you own gear they will provide a locker at the dive shop. This way you will not have to lug it back and forth from your room. My room was pretty close to the dive shop so I took my regs and computer and mask back to my room to soak in the tub each day. They have trips to coz and they have Cenote trips. That is besides the reefs that are right in front of the hotel. The Cenotes are only a couple minutes away.
When you arrive you sign all the paperwork and leave your C-card with them in your folder. Everytime you want to dive or purchase something from the dive shop you just sign for it. At the end of the week you settle up with the shop and get your C-card back. The more dives you do...the cheaper the dives become. With this way of doing it....you do not have to decide and pay for a certain package at the beginning of the week. If you have any more questions just give a shout.
Make sure you take mosquito repellent and a treatment for chiggers. ( we were told by a pharmacist to use lice shampoo at 100% strength for 15 to 20 min on the effected area) seems to work. :thumb:
If you like any type of snorkeling you must take a cab to Akumel and go to the Yal-Ku Lagoon. It costs $5usd for a wrist band and you can come and go as you please. The lagoon is fresh water in the back and salt out near the sea. %100 natural habitat. Fantastic. Have the hotel pack you a luch of just make one up for yourself at the buffet.

I dove with them last year. Went several times to the cenotes with Octavio - great cave diver, more than a DM he was a companion, doing everything he could to please us.

Don't miss the cenotes and if possible, ask for him to lead you.

have fun

Sue

Did my open water cert with them, Did my first Cavern dives with them as well - just a wee bit ambitious!

Had a great time!

BTW, Chimo is a pretty good dive guide too!.

What is the snorkelling like out front of Bahia Principe?

Dectek:
I could not praise these folks enough. I dove with these folks last January. They do everything for you except breath. I was lucky enough to have the same DM on most of my dives and I think he was the best DM I ever dove with. Stefeno
If you take you own gear they will provide a locker at the dive shop. This way you will not have to lug it back and forth from your room. My room was pretty close to the dive shop so I took my regs and computer and mask back to my room to soak in the tub each day. They have trips to coz and they have Cenote trips. That is besides the reefs that are right in front of the hotel. The Cenotes are only a couple minutes away.
When you arrive you sign all the paperwork and leave your C-card with them in your folder. Everytime you want to dive or purchase something from the dive shop you just sign for it. At the end of the week you settle up with the shop and get your C-card back. The more dives you do...the cheaper the dives become. With this way of doing it....you do not have to decide and pay for a certain package at the beginning of the week. If you have any more questions just give a shout.
Make sure you take mosquito repellent and a treatment for chiggers. ( we were told by a pharmacist to use lice shampoo at 100% strength for 15 to 20 min on the effected area) seems to work. :thumb:
If you like any type of snorkeling you must take a cab to Akumel and go to the Yal-Ku Lagoon. It costs $5usd for a wrist band and you can come and go as you please. The lagoon is fresh water in the back and salt out near the sea. %100 natural habitat. Fantastic. Have the hotel pack you a luch of just make one up for yourself at the buffet.

Chipper,
We did not do any snorkeling from the beach in front of the hotel. We snorkeled from a boat that ran about 2-4 minutes from the beach, and we snorkeled in Akumal at Yal-ku Lagoon. You can also stop in at Akumal Dive Shop and Cindy can point to the best spots to snorkel Turtle Bay. Sorry I can not give you a better answer about directly in front of the hotel.

I have dove with them for the past 6 years. Caves, ocean, and all the surrounding areas. I have never had a bad experience with them. Stefano Pedroni (cave diver) is the best. I have booked to be down there again in November and will dive the Cenotes again, and again and again. Of all the parts of the planet I have gone to for diving, they are the best. The hotel is by far the number 1 spot as well. For me to go back to one place six times is a testimonial. I also own a dive charter company here in the Pacific Northwest of Canada and can not say enough about them. I take a lot of good performance proceedures from them and incorporate them in my part time business for referance....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom