Akumal area Dive Op recomendations??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I guess I need a recomendation for dive shop in Akumal area. If anyone has any advise I would truly appreciate it.

Check out Villas DeRosa Resort Aquatech-Cave-Diving-Center that is for Villas De rosa, these guys are the best in Akumal, you wont regret it they also have nice lodging I have stayed and dove with them, great staff.
Hope this helps you

I guess I need a recomendation for dive shop in Akumal area. If anyone has any advise I would truly appreciate it.
Where in Akumal are you staying? If you're close to Akumal Bay then best choice is Akumal Dive Center. If you're staying in North Akumal (Half Moon Bay or around Yal Ku), then go with Akumal Dive Adventures.

If you're closer to Puerto Aventuras, Aquanauts would be a good choice.

I am staying at Grand Sirenis, just north of Half moon Bay. We were planning on going with the dive shop on site which is Aqua Inn. But with the current events I'm not sure they will be opened. I know I have heard really good things about this dive shop so if they are open I will check them out myself and make my decision.
I have heard alot about Akumal Dive Center, Akumal Dive Shop, both on Akumal beach, and Akumal Dive Adventures on HMB.
Thank you for the option of Villas DeRosa Resort Aquatech-Cave-Diving-Center. I will check them ou also.
Always thankful the the advise and suggestions.
Happy Travels, and Safe Diving, Always

I spent a week in Akumal (Half Moon Bay) last June. My intent was to use Akumal Dive Adventures, which was within walking distance of our condo. I had trouble getting a dive with them, as they required at least 2 divers to make the trip. I finally ended up using Akumal Dive Center in Akumal Bay, as they were willing to take 1 diver, if that was all that showed. I had two dives with just me and Luis, the DM, and one with 3 other divers. Had a great time, everytime. Make sure you take at least a day trip for diving at Cozumel, as the diving is an order of magnititude better there.

I stayed at the Grand Sirenis this summer. I dove With Akumal Dive center and loved them. The divemaster were great. They asked us what we wanted to see and he would always hunt down all the animals and critters for us. They only required 2 people to go out. So about 10 of my dive were just my wife and I. There was never more then 6 divers in a group. Also the prices where about 25%-30% cheaper then at Grand Sirenis. I am planning on going back to Akumal Dive center soon.

I am staying at Grand Sirenis, just north of Half moon Bay. We were planning on going with the dive shop on site which is Aqua Inn. But with the current events I'm not sure they will be opened. I know I have heard really good things about this dive shop so if they are open I will check them out myself and make my decision.
I have heard alot about Akumal Dive Center, Akumal Dive Shop, both on Akumal beach, and Akumal Dive Adventures on HMB.
Thank you for the option of Villas DeRosa Resort Aquatech-Cave-Diving-Center. I will check them ou also.
Always thankful the the advise and suggestions.
Happy Travels, and Safe Diving, Always

From what I've read the parasailing operation was a contract, but I would probably be a bit leery too if I was you. But, in light of the recent accident if they are running boats I would bet they are being super careful with safety since they wouldn't want to have anything else happen, right?

My husband and I have had days with Dive Adventures where they've taken just one of us out and we were the only customer. They do usually require 2 dives. My experience with Dive Center has also been 2 divers required. These are small operations though and if you are doing several days with them and one or two days you end up being the only person, as long as they have the staff on hand they may still go out. Really depends on the day.

Just got back from the Sirenis yesterday. The dive shop is business as usual. However, you can't go wrong with Aquanauts. I have been doing my cave training with Dennis and have been very happy.

I went with Akumal Dive Adventures for 3 dives in May/June 08. They were great! The carry all the women's tanks and are helpful. They are cheapest of all dive shops and will discount the dives if you do multiple dives. The more the dives, the bigger the discount.

December 08 I will be diving with Dive Adventuras in Half Moon Bay

Whereever you end up, Enjoy!

P.S. <winks to ScubaWife>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom