Akona vs. Bare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmart64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking into purchasing a 7mm one piece and am trying to choose between the Akona and the Bare Arctic. Can anyone provide feedback on either or both of these?

Thanks,

Joe

The Bare Artic is a great suit. It's quite easy to don and has very nice seals. I've used Bare suits for years in 40F degree water.

Cheers.

-J.-

What Johny_Bravo said X2. I like mine a lot and the matching vest really makes a great cold water wet set.

Pete

I use the Bare 7mm with a Bare 7mm vest (which includes hood) like Spectrum above. Very good seals, made to last for years and keeps me warm down to 40 degree F. I haven't tried the Akona.

Have had great results with Akona neoprene products. Don't know anyone with the Bare brand around here, so can't make a direct comparison.

theskull

I'm also an owner of the Bare 7mm arctice fullsuit and hooded vest. I have experience diving in water down to 42-45 and it is manageable. I'm certainly looking forward to the drysuit, but this allows me to dive our Midwest quarries and the Great Lakes without having to wait until I can afford to go dry. The Bare 7mm fullsuit has excellent seals and is very well built. I have seen a few people around diving the Akona 7mm, but I see many times more people diving either Henderson or Bare.

I just ordered the Artic also and it's supposed to be delivered today. First dive with it will be tomorrow. I'm looking forward to trying it out. It sounds like a good suit.

Both my girlfriend and I use Akona wetsuits and they're great. They fit like a glove!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom