Akona Men's 7mm Full Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeadCactus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone here offer some input on this? I'm looking for a wetsuit for 55-65 F water. Cost is an issue. Saw this one in SCUBA magazine which seemed impressed with the suit. Seems like a good fit for what I want, a warm suit for a decent price ($200).

I have one. It is a decent enough suit for the money-but not top of the line.
Body fat and personal tollerance to cold water will likely dictate your comfort level. I am around 12 - 13 % body fat and stay fairly comfortable in it for 60 minute dives down to 55 degrees. I have dove in 48 degree water with it once. I was not completelyh miserable but not fully enjoying the experience either. My son, who has no body fat, shivers in his 7 mil Akona at 60 degrees over extended periods of time-your milage may vary.

As far as price goes I would shop around. A LDS where I live was selling these suits for $140.00 new or $100.00 for rentals in pretty good condition.

mg

I bought the Akona 7mm in 2006 for relatively infrequent cold water diving when visiting San Diego. I wear it with a 5/3mm hooded vest, 5mm booties, and 5mm gloves. The glideskin seals work well (a little soapy water helps with donning), the cut fits me very well. I have about 30 dives with the suit and I'm quite comfortable at the usual water temp of 52 degrees or a little greater. I've dived a couple of times at 48-49 degrees and got a bit cold by the end of the dive. I'm happy with the suit, especially at what I paid for it. The older model is available widely for less than $200, a newer model appears to be about $100 more. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom