airport/ dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While over priced at least the shuttles have a fixed price and a single point of purchase, not what the market will bare with each driver. Can you imagine the overcharging the taxi's would get into if it they were allowed to operated like the cruise ship pier?

And they do the same thing in other cities in Mexico AND in the carib - St Thomas is the exact same way. Vans = less taxi crowding. Have you seen the way they line up for the cruise ships lol? Imagine the same at the airport. Bleh!

As if there were anything I could do to stop them! And, IF what you are saying is correct, that the Taxi Union runs the Shuttle Service, and in the process cuts off its members from a large potential source of income, that doesn't say much about the honesty of the leaders of the Taxi Union, does it? SOMEBODY finds it worthwhile to pay off the local authorities to keep taxis from picking up travelers at the airport, and it sure as hell isn't the Taxi drivers! Not saying that Mexico is any different than the U.S. Somebody finds it very worthwhile to convince certain cities to prohibit outfits like Uber and Lyft from operating in those cities, and it sure as hell isn't the consumers - or the voters. Government is inherently corrupt, and expecting anything different even in the States requires some self-delusion.
What I say IS true and as Dave and others say, if taxis instead of the shuttles handled the incoming air passengers, the traffic jam in the airport parking lot would be horrific. You won't see the "authorities" enforcing the policy, either; the taxi drivers enforce it themselves because it is their own policy.

Not everything in the world is the result of corruption.

Not attempting to hijack the thread, but did someone recently post a link to the current price per zone for the shuttle? (Could they post again as I can't find it in my pathetic search attempts?)

Thanks

Not attempting to hijack the thread, but did someone recently post a link to the current price per zone for the shuttle? (Could they post again as I can't find it in my pathetic search attempts?)

Thanks

It is in the link in the post above yours.

Ron, I thought the prices may have changed since the 2010 post above. I found quite a few different prices today, from $10 to $21.50 US for the Southern Hotel Zone.

Woody

The prices were still the same as of earlier this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom