Airplane tickets - When to Buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watch out for the cheap flights on Delta. I understand that besides the usual extra charges for baggage and drinks, they will now charge you an extra sixty-five bucks if you want to use their jetway instead of bringing your own boarding ramp.

In all seriousness, the extra fees can really add up. Airlines, like Spirit, charge for everything. Between checked bag fees, carry-on fees, seat assignment fees, snacks, etc., it can easily be more expensive than the full fare airlines.

Price dropped this morning to $718. The lowest I've seen it from Richmond. WE ARE BOOKED!! WOOHOO!

Thanks, everyone for your input!

FYI-The basic economy ticket at $718 has no seat selection and charges for checked luggage ($100/bag). I think they strap you to the wing. Delta Comfort was $842 free checked bags and dedicated overhead space. It was only about $30 more/ticket. No brainer.

I wish a carrier would decide to sell tickets in a straight forward, consistent way. I think they would clean up.

Have a great trip. It is sad commentary on the state of airfares to bon when we celebrate fares 2x more than it should.

Have a great trip. It is sad commentary on the state of airfares to bon when we celebrate fares 2x more than it should.

Agreed! We can go to Cozumel 2 times for the cost of one ticket to Bonaire. However, we've done Cozumel for the last 5 - 6 years. Bonaire has been our bucket list. We are really looking forward to the freedom it offers.

Bon is a special place. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom