Airfare savants, please look into crystal ball...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link to Cheapair, I gave it a try and they are +$40 over the price for the same flights on Continental.com. I have yet to find a 3rd party site that has prices any better than the Continental site, at least for the SFO-CZM trip.

Right now the best I can do with the 4hr30min layover on the return is $372.

Don- I did not book that primo return flight that no longer exists, I'm still hoping the fares come down a bit between now and the end of April. There are still very few seats sold on all 4 legs, so I hope they drop the fare rather than eliminate more flights...

Well the Vets program would save you $15/ticket after program fees.

I don't qualify to enroll in their Vets program.

I don't qualify to enroll in their Vets program.
Did you read the qualifications? No vets in the family...?

fares just jumped up today $20pp. Still very few seats sold an all legs....

C'mon, big money no whammies..!

Well, today the fare dropped back to $343 for the week I needed, originally it was $373, then went up another $20 due to "fuel charges" to $393. Today it dropped to as low as I've seen it for this trip, so I pulled the trigger.

Stevenq's recommendation to search as one passenger as opposed to our group of 7 proved valuable, my home computer has all 7 of us as the default setting, but my iPhone only had 1 passenger priced. The home computer quoted $373, and the iPhone quoted $343 at the same time but with only 3 seats left.... Even after clearing my desktop Continental cookies.

I ended up purchasing tickets in 2 groups of 3 and a single. If I inputted more than 3 the fare jumped back to the $373. Obviously there were more than 3 seats left, since I booked all 7 at the $343.

I'm happy, saved $210 over what I was willing to pay, so that will help with diving and activities while in Coz. Thanks everybody for your help, I just wanted to close out the thread.

Now my biggest worry is they go down again...

Hehe, if I were mean - I'd tell her I found them all for $299. :D

Sounds like you did great, and that really is a cheap fare from that far. I know you want the best deal possible, but I'm impressed at how good you did. Interesting that buying in smaller groups was cheaper; you'd think the opposite, huh?
Now my biggest worry is they go down again...
Keep watching. If they go down within 30 days, Continental.com does have a credit provision for that.

Last edited:
Don- the 30 day thing is great news, but I can't find it anywhere on Continental's site. Do you know where that policy is stated? Thanks again for your help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom