Aircraft Carrier anyone???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha ! forget the lead weights just bring a lead suit. This is where they did nuclear testing.

XJae:
Ahh... I just realized you want an aircraft carrier.
Those other ones are nice too, some are WWII.
(Hopefully Sylvester will bring back some good pics of the Boeing. :wink: )

You'll be able to dive the Oriskany off Pensicola Florida, sooner or later.
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/sh-usn/usnsh-o/cv34.htm
http://www.ussoriskany.com/id18.html

You can dive HMS Hermes a WWII Aircraft Carrier in Sri Lanka - if you are a DIR diver you can join a GUE expedition there early next year..

Speaking of the Oriskany, there was a movie years ago, with OJ Simpson, Sam Waterston, Elliot Gould - Capricorn 1, I think. Well, the Oriskany was the aircraft carrier that was supposed to pick up their space capsule when it landed. Terrible movie, but I was working night shift that week and it happened to be on TV. I stopped on that channel during one of my 'surfing runs' and they mentioned the Oriskany. I almost fell off the sofa :)

Sorry, please continue...

-Frank

Xjae, was that a hint for me to try and use my crappy camera. I will take it, however I have yet to get a decent picture from the thing. Anybody want to contribute a housing for my SLR??? Bueller.........Xjae.........

You can dive HMS Hermes a WWII Aircraft Carrier in Sri Lanka - if you are a DIR diver you can join a GUE expedition there early next year..

This is a KOOOL ship man! First aircraft career ever built! I bet it went down with a load of planes. Any idea what depth it is sitting at?

Back
Top Bottom