Aircraft Carrier...888 foot Arti Reef... woah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
That is a big AR. It'd be cool if this pulls together. Maybe So Cal can get this thing... $92 m in revenue wouldn't suck for my state right now.

If this has been posted on the board already, I apologize. I didn't see it.

Linkola

K

uh... nevermind.

K

Why don't you write a letter to Governer Arnie suggesting they do a similar project with another mothballed carrier (if there's any "floating around" :D)? I'm betting he's scratching his head trying to come up with ways to honor election promises. Plus he's a diver, so he might be keen on the idea personally!

Maybe if I look in the Florida Conch Divers room (for of all things, a carrier being sunk in Texas) I might get an idea or two...

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
Maybe if I look in the Florida Conch Divers room (for of all things, a carrier being sunk in Texas) I might get an idea or two...

K

Actually, right now it appears to be headed off of Escambia COunty, Fl (near Pensacola).

Check the other threads for more info...

We have also been discussing this over on the stop, too...

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Why don't you write a letter to Governer Arnie suggesting they do a similar project with another mothballed carrier (if there's any "floating around" :D)? I'm betting he's scratching his head trying to come up with ways to honor election promises. Plus he's a diver, so he might be keen on the idea personally!
Well, few months ago ship&boat magazine was advertisint the only Aussie carrier (now decomisioned) for sale. So if noone over the ditch plans to buy and sink it, you can always try Arnie :).
V.

Mobius1 once bubbled...
hm arnies a diver eh?

yea a carrier would be somthing to penetrate into.. that wide expanseive hanger inside woohoo...

They call Arnie "The Crusher" because a tank will only last him 5 or 6 minutes.....kind of like crushing a tank.

Probably the split fins and SeaQuest Black Diamond dude uses.

And that huge flutter kick...get a grip, T3.

I mean. if he'd just lose that huge console and get a bottom timer his drag coefficient would drop significantly and so would his SAC - anyone knows that.

Probably uses ankle weights, too.... Rookie.

:rolleyes:

K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom