Air2 plus safe second

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again

FACT:There is not an AIRII type inflator made that breathes as well as my ATX200.

Not necessary fact. We are talking about the secondary stage, not the Primary stage. Air2 is more than enough to handle OOA situation.

FACT: Using an AIRII as a regulator causes more stress on the jaw than a standard secondary.

Not really and why? You meant a hose length. Depending on what length of corrugated hose you are using. The standard 16 inch is more than enough for me and my buddy (Another Air2 user). Fortunately, SP knows what they are making. The jaw fatigue can be happened with any back up stages on the single and double as well as the primary. Guess what? How a SeaCure and comfort bite mouthpieces are so popular in the market? These mouthpieces are NOT for Air2.

In addition, in a real OOA situation, how long do you need to breathe through Air2 to get out of OOA situation? Are you really worried about a jaw fatigue in this short period of time? I hope NOT....

FACT: It is easier to control buoyancy with the inflator in you hand than it is in your mouth.

Like I contended, there are many methods to deflate BCD.....

FACT: Placing inflate/deflate buttons on opposite sides and in alignment requires greater care to insure both buttons are not simultaneously pressed than a standard inflator with dump on the top and fill on the side. Ergonomically, it makes no sense.

Like I said, we have already agreed that the proper training/exercise can solve this problem. Without a proper training/exercise, your ATX200 back up can be useless in OOA situation.

I teach both to my students and they can choose which they would prefer to dive.

Thank you so much...... We need more instructor like you in the market.

OMG, I'm in a AIRII vs Octo debate.

Sorry. I was porking you. Hope to see you next Wednesday again... :rofl3:

To OP, choose either one whatever you prefer.

Thank you for all of your........input. I guess what I was looking for was a "no, not really necessary" or a "sure, what could it hurt" kinda response.

no, not really necessary... :wink:

Not really neccesary to have both, but it won't really hurt anything. :wink:

I have to say something here. Can't stand it otherwise.

I have been using an Air 2 for 20 plus years. Works great. You have to understand it is not your primary regulator and it doesn't matter if it breathes hard or easy, it is designed to get you and the OOA person to the surface safely. It does that function perfectly. My Air 2 breathes about the same at 100ft as it does at 30 ft.

I have never, I repeat never had a problem adding or dumping air while using my Air 2. I've practiced with it, so I know what to do if I need to use it as a regulator. Besides, I use my right shoulder dump valve on my Scubapro Classic Sport BC nearly exclusively to dump air.

I have never, I repeat, never had a problem using the wrong button to add air to my BC rather than the other button which is used for manual BC inflation.

Proper training and practice with your equipment will overcome any issues that have been discussed in this thread regarding the Air 2.

Neither, get one of these and mount it either on a 40 inch hose or get the inflator version or put it on a pony bottle. The you don't need an Air Too or an octopus second. There is always another way. Love my Air Buddy.

Air Buddy

N

Back
Top Bottom