Air vs. Nitrox Research Paper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am a college student currently in a science class and we have a paper due in three weeks...the topic that I chose being the scuba enthusiast that I am deals with using air on dives vs using Nitrox. I was wondering if I could have some help from other scuba enthusiasts that visit these boards. Give me websites, personal stories (for interview sources), send me private messages, post on this thread, lead me to other people who know more about this, tell me about journals, articles, scientific research done, give me some funny cartoons, pictures, do whatever you want...Thanks to all for helping me out on this one!!!

MU_airtankhead:
I am a college student currently in a science class and we have a paper due in three weeks... send me private messages, post on this thread, lead me to other people who know more about this, tell me about journals, articles, scientific research done, give me some funny cartoons, pictures, do whatever you want...Thanks to all for helping me out on this one!!!

You want everyone to do the research for you?

So as to not do the work, check out Dan's website on their info.

For a minute I started to cause problems by listing the claimed benefits many feel and others don't, I'll let that can of worms alone for now.

Jason B:
You want everyone to do the research for you?

I was actually hoping that from you all I could get some first person additional resources, like interview, straight from the horses mouth type stuff, you know the best type of research...

Thanks again folks...

MU_airtankhead:
I was actually hoping that from you all I could get some first person additional resources, like interview, straight from the horses mouth type stuff, you know the best type of research...

Thanks again folks...

If it's an interview sort of thing should the interviewer ask questions a little less general in nature?

How about why do I dive Nitrox instead of air?

Answers...

I paid for the course and analyzer so I might as well use it.
There are others more appropriate of course.

My question, have you been certified in this? If not then audit a course or borrow a book from it and read it and you'll find the questions you need to ask and be able to apply it to your need.

MU_airtankhead:
I am a college student currently in a science class and we have a paper due in three weeks...the topic that I chose being the scuba enthusiast that I am deals with using air on dives vs using Nitrox. I was wondering if I could have some help from other scuba enthusiasts that visit these boards. Give me websites, personal stories (for interview sources), send me private messages, post on this thread, lead me to other people who know more about this, tell me about journals, articles, scientific research done, give me some funny cartoons, pictures, do whatever you want...Thanks to all for helping me out on this one!!!

I once sought out a curator at the American Museum of Natural History--a leader in his field--to answer questions on primate paleobiology for a paper I was working on. I didn't really expect to gain access right away, but the man was more than willing to help. Unfortunately, I hadn't adequately prepared for the interview, and you really can't fake questions on prehistoric tree shrews with an expert. It was immediately obvious that I was wasting his time, and I never did get another opportunity.

You, on the other hand, will get another opportunity.:D

At the college level you need to include both qantitative data (the numbers) - things like longer bottom times with nitrox, MOD's, CNS clock issues, etc. as well as qualitative data (subjective stuff) - things like divers "feeling" better after diving, divers "thinking" the cost is or is not worth it, etc.

You also need to explore some of the newer, perhaps less common and more diverse uses of nitrox such as use in a rebreather as a dilutent, use of higher percentage nitrox as an accellerated decompression gas, etc - areas that in and of themselves may warrant further or additional research.

Thanks to all...btw the paper isn't due until Wednesday of this week and even though it is finished I may add some of your information if you are kind enough to give it to my paper if it is indeed good enough! Thanks again to all...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom