Air Travel to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Georgia Lady

Reaction score
I am having a problem finding an airlines that services Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC and Bonaire. Any suggestions?

Dragon2115:
Have you thought about flying into either Aruba or Curacao and then connecting over to Bonaire?

Just got off the plane from Bonaire today.

STAY AWAY FROM AIR JAMAICA. (PERIOD).

I was supposed to fly from Philly to Bonaire via Montego Bay. I check my e-ticket two days ahead of time and guess what, I arrive 1/2 hour after the Montego Bay-Bonaire flight leaves. Did anyone call me or e-mail, nope.

My next best option, fly out of JFK. I was comitted to meet up with a group of 6, so my wife and I rent a car and two hours of driving and we get to JFK.

On the way back I check my ticket, and I am now on the American flight that leaves at 8am, not the 3pm air jamaica flight. My wife is on no flight. After much haggling I get her an AA ticket. Our AA flight was filled with stranded AJ passengers. They may say they are cutting service the end of august, but they have already decided in their minds not to service the island.

On the upside I saw two Divi-Divi planes running the Curacao to Bonaire route back to back. The BonairExcel service is also meant to be picking up.

AA is not a bad way to the island but I hate the San Juan transfer and their 8am departure stinks.

You can easily get direct flights to Aruba and hop on the BonairExcel.

Yea, I've been watching the Bonaire flights for awhile. My wife and I were originally thinking about going to Bonaire last month. But, then, Air Jamaica went bankrupt and I kept seeing all the horror stories on BonaireTalk, so we decided we'd wait until the air situation gets a bit more stable to Bonaire. We went to Roatan instead.

Now, we're once again looking at Bonaire for either this fall or December. The situation hasn't yet improved, but, if you read BonaireTalk (and a couple of Scubaboard threads) people are trying to set up a direct flight from the US (charter). Also, supposedly, they're trying to get Continental and/or Delta to fly from the US to at least Curacao. (then take a Divi flight to Bonaire).

However, right now, I think the only 2 real options are American Eagle from San Juan to Bonaire or fly to Aruba and take BonaireExcel.

If things don't improve soon, I'll probably go to Coz a 3rd time and hope things straighten out by Dec-Jan.

Oh, BTW, you should be able to get a USAIR flight from CLT to San Juan (lands about
3:07 PM) and then catch the American Eagle flight at 5:50 to Bonaire.

Kevin, et al

The non stop from FLL to BON is looking good, look for an formal announcement in the next 2-3 weeks. Also, We too fly in and out of Philly. Try Spirit Air to San Juan out of Atlantic City Airport. Much better than Philly, Newark, JFK, etc. Cheaper too.

Take care!

Liz
kevink:
Just got off the plane from Bonaire today.

STAY AWAY FROM AIR JAMAICA. (PERIOD).

I was supposed to fly from Philly to Bonaire via Montego Bay. I check my e-ticket two days ahead of time and guess what, I arrive 1/2 hour after the Montego Bay-Bonaire flight leaves. Did anyone call me or e-mail, nope.

My next best option, fly out of JFK. I was comitted to meet up with a group of 6, so my wife and I rent a car and two hours of driving and we get to JFK.

On the way back I check my ticket, and I am now on the American flight that leaves at 8am, not the 3pm air jamaica flight. My wife is on no flight. After much haggling I get her an AA ticket. Our AA flight was filled with stranded AJ passengers. They may say they are cutting service the end of august, but they have already decided in their minds not to service the island.

On the upside I saw two Divi-Divi planes running the Curacao to Bonaire route back to back. The BonairExcel service is also meant to be picking up.

AA is not a bad way to the island but I hate the San Juan transfer and their 8am departure stinks.

You can easily get direct flights to Aruba and hop on the BonairExcel.

We flew into Aruba (Continental) and then Bonairexel to Bonaire. No problems at all and in fact the flight to Bonaire left early! We also left a good 3-4 hours between the BE and the other flights "just in case"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom