Air Source Complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ajax

Reaction score
HELLO

I JUST PURCHASED THE SEAQUEST "AIR SOURCE COMPLETE". I PLACED IT ON MY PRO QD BC, AND PUDDLED AROUND IN THE POOL. LOOKING FOR YOUR COMMENTS PROS/CONS AND ADVICE ON THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.

THANKS

Shouldn't this be in the Basic Scuba Section?

Since BC integrated Regs are a little different than the norm try to remember the following:

- Always thoroughly brief your buddy on how everything works and that you will be giving your primary reg to them in an emergency.

- Train with it !!!!. Controlling your buoyancy and ascent while your "inflator" is in your mouth takes some practice.

- Next year when you get your regs serviced don't forget to take your BC and air source.

- Along that same line don't forget to always check the operation of the unit before your dive. Also I have seen quite a few of these units arrive for service in much worse condition that the regs they went with. The main reason is people forget to clean them when rinsing/soaking their regs etc.

- Treat it as a regulator when soaking it and dont purge it or submerge it unless attached to air or you will get water inside.

- Read and understand the owners manual.( yes I know when all else fails read the instrucions)

- As I am not familiar with that BC I do know that some BC hoses can get behind you and can be difficult to recover while underwater. The little vlcro flap does hold the corrogated hose in place most of the time, but I usually run my BC whip through the shoulder D-ring or if none is available I use a piece of surgical tubing in a loop.

Hope this helps... new gear is alway fun !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom