Air Jamaica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having flown Air Jamaica and the old DCA airlines I would take Air Jamaica any day. I have used them twice going to Bonaire and would not hesitate to book with them again. Not to mention, you can usually upgrade to first class for a pretty good price. Never had a problem with them. Bags arrived the same time I did, flights were on time, on board service was as good as any US airlines (for what ever that is worth). One time the connection in Montego Bay was very tight, but made it none the less..

Like some one else said, half of the adventure of Bonaire is getting there. Relax and have fun...

Jim

another comment, some one else mentioned that TACA was out of business? Nope, just flew them to and from Utila two weeks ago. Now if you want to compare bad airlines nothing beats TACA for being the worst airline flying these days. Example, flights booked from San Francisco leave at 12:35 am, get to San Pedro Sula at 9:35 am and wait for the shuttle flight to Utila. Ummm, how about get to San Pedro Sula at 4:30 the next day with 5 count them 5 unscheduled stops and plane changes along the way. And every stop showed the flight on time! Ha! Nope, AJ is a bargain next to TACA

parrotman have you flown with AJ since december? the gov took over AJ dec 23 2004, and that is when the problems started with them. I guess they let a bunch of pilots and flight staff go. and now they don't have the flight staff to take care of the flights they have booked.

the way you described the taca flight is the way air jam is now operating. They bounced us to a cople different islands before we finally got to montego and we were supposed to have a direct flight there. The Rep i talked to said that they haven't had a flight on time for weeks.

They just need to get into the groove of the way it works and it will get back to the way it used to be but right now i think i would look elsewhere unles you plan accordingly to not make it to where you want to be, when you want to be there. like take a monday off if you are supposed to get in sunday night.

After being in three airplane crashes.....I like anything that gets my butt there in one piece.
(but AJ still sucks to me.....and I am so surprised Bonaire....or Curocau...whomever is in charge...doesnt get it under control. )

Back
Top Bottom