Air Intake Plumbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do like the idea of the humidity detector. I'm going to order one today. Thanks, rjack.

As long as you don't get the disks soaking wet or oily, you can reuse them. Just hit it with a hair dryer for 5 mins (use tweezers). It will turn blue again and you can pop it back in the holder. Replacing them every year or so is a good idea, but you don't have to replace them every filter change.

Danged cheap insurance that your 13x/charcoal isn't saturated and letting organic vapors through to your tanks.

run the pvc pipe to outside, and always check when maken air that there are no idling cars nearby, or anything that could contaminate your air.

btierney:
I do like the idea of the humidity detector. I'm going to order one today. Thanks, rjack.
I have an identical looking detector but it uses a 1/4" wide humidity strip across the top of a CO2 detector.

DA Aquamaster:
I have an identical looking detector but it uses a 1/4" wide humidity strip across the top of a CO2 detector.

Those strips start to turn at 40% RH, that's quite a bit of water, way over grade E limits. Your AC is less effective too. I change mine at 20% RH.

The spot CO detectors are unreliable. They are only supposed to change at 50ppm.

Grade E limits (which are too high for any kind of deep diving) are 10ppm. Limits for OCA are 2ppm. This is the best CO detector "system" on the market for home compressor installations: http://www.denninger.net/diving/co-analyzer.htm

I need some help guys... I am in the processing of cleaning the Intermediate Separator on my Utilus 10 and don't have a clue what or where to get the tools I need to remove the nut holding the filter on... any help is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom