Air hoses and materials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on the hose routing, braided hoses can actually wear the outside shell and even the seals of a drysuit. That said, I have several braided LP and HP hoses on bailout cylinders.

re: posts 1, 2, and 9,
According to this: Miflex 2
what you see on Miflex is nylon.

I prefer rubber hoses myself but do have one conventional reg set up with braided and wing with a braided inflator hose that works ok. Would never use a braided long hose. Floaty and I like not abrading the back of my neck and yanking out the small hairs that grow between barber shop visits.

Interesting thread I want to reconfigure long hose primary bungee necklace octo so I need to buy hoses, still yet to decide, been reading threads on this seems to me that the camps are evenly divided

I'd go for a deal, I think cavadventurers.com might be a good place to look. You can get a set of conventional rubber hoses, like 7 or 5 ft primary, 22" or 24" alternate, and 24" HP for a package price. I'd be interested in a braided short hose but probably not a long hose. I'm going to try one though, I know someone who will loan me one. The lightweight and flexibility is attractive, that's for sure.

I think my 7ft and 5ft are halcyon hoses that I paid plenty for even with me DM discount. They have nicely finished fittings, overall high quality hoses, but like all things H, pricey.

I bought a 5 ft braided hose from divegearexpress.com for much less than Miflex, and it's less abrasive than Miflex and still has all the advantages. Have a look at that.

Back
Top Bottom