Air fills near Kealakekua Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm going to be spending 2 weeks in Kona at the end of May and (of course) diving as much as possible. We are staying south of Kailua very near Kealakekua Bay and I was wondering if anyone knows of places to rent tanks/get fills in this area. Since I'm going to be renting 2 tanks for 12 days anyplace with bulk discounts is ideal.

Thanks!

South Kona Scuba at the Kona Boys Kayak in Kealakekua will rent and fill tanks. I'm not sure about pricing. Tim pretty much is more or less a one man operation and leads shore dives so he might not always be around all the time if you need a quick fill. Misha the coffee guy, has a dive flag on his mailbox on the way to the Place of Refuge, has a compressor and has done airfills in the past if you can catch him in.

Other than that, you are looking for fills and rentals back in town. Big Island divers used to have a weekly tank rental rate and reasonable priced fill card, I assume they still do. I get my commercial fills for my charter there.

Have fun diving in Kona,

Steve

Back
Top Bottom