Air fills in Tahoe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depending on where you are. South lake tahoe area - Strictly Scuba, North Lake Tahoe goto reno and Sierra Dive Center. My wife hated taking tankks to penguins years ago. She would drop them and come back and they still would not be ready! Glad I switched!

We did two dives at Rubicon Wall on Saturday. It gets boring pretty quick and we even decided not to dive on Sunday. Instead we went and flogged on my rig :)

The highlight of the dives for me, was watching the bigger fish eat the smaller fry. GULP! There are tons of fry right now, which makes for some interesting sites. The terrain far down the wall is pretty dramatic with how fast it drops off. Make darn sure to bring a bright light to look in the crevices or you will be thoroughly bored.

The water was warm and even hot in a drysuit, but we kept our depth above 55 feet as there is nothing much to see deeper. Average temp was 62-64 degrees.

Yep. That is what I heard when there two weeks ago.

Yeah we just brought an s-ton of tanks. We did 4 dives in two days. It had been a while since I dived Tahoe. Man, I loved it. 68* surface, 63* under 30ft. I used a 5mm suit, not hood or gloves and it was very pleasant. With my steel tank only needed 8lbs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom