Aggressor vs Carpe Vita vs Emperor Voyager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bandos Resort is close by boat and they have a nice house reef and good boat sites to go to. When I was there, the PM boat dive didn't always happen because they did not have enough divers to justify it- that was in 2019. In 2021 I stayed there one night before going to the Carpe Vita and they handled the transfer very well. I had to go to their clinic and get a routine check to make sure I was not showing signs of covid and they did the paperwork for me.

There are plenty of great dive sites around Male. Here’s one example;

Judging by the sewage pipe in the beginning and cut-off tuna fins around 2:40, this is next to some fishermen's pier. Attracts the usual bannerfish and triggerfish crowds and not a single coral in site. I'd do this once, maybe, if nothing else is available.

That’s what it is, a fisherman’s dumping ground, attracting all kind of fish. If you want to see some coral around North Male Atoll, go to Kurumba & Lankan Finolhu, as shown in the beginning of my video, below, or go to Nassimo Thila at the end of my video.

The video shows all of the dive sites I went from Male to Ari Atoll to Vaavu and back to Male in counter clockwise loop in 7 days on Emperor Leo last March.

A3CEABE1-3F2B-4EA4-A4D2-FD5A08A549B8.jpeg

Maldives experienced some coral bleaching due to El Niño awhile back, but recently I saw some recovery, like around Rangali Maldivaru in Ari Atoll. I saw some new table corals popping out of the bleach out zone, like you see in this video:

If you want to see corals, you need to go to Raja Ampat, but Indonesia is still closed.
We saw plenty during our Carpe Novo trip, mostly in the north.

Reactions: Dan
I was on the first north exploratory trip on Carpe Vita. My hope is that the trip has been improved since then
I found it to be a hit or a miss, kind of trip.

I found some beautiful formations on a southern trip, in the calm end of a channel. Unfortunately, I neglected to note which it was.

Back
Top Bottom