Aggressor Baja

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We saw the Baja Aggressor (aka. Andrea Lynn) at Guadalupe Island on Sept 29 when the Mexican navy boarded all the boats at the island.The navy made the Baja Aggressor leave the island because they did not have the necessary permit to enter the reserve. A shipping agent who handles several other Guadalupe boats mentioned that they will not be allowed to return to Guadalupe because of this infraction. If true this would be a bad PR blow to Aggressor Fleet and a bummer for those to took the bait and booked the "cheap" trip.

I really hope this is not the case because I'm supposed to go on the BA in 3 weeks! :mad:

I'm booked on the Oct 16th trip.

I left Wayne Hanson a voice mail - I'll let you all know what I hear.

I spoke with Wayne Hasson this morning. Here is what I know.
Fact: the Navy did board the Aggressor and tell them to leave
Fact: the Aggressor did not go out this week.

Claim: Wayne said the boat has all it's permits. Some confusion about a "consortium" of all the liveaboards going to Guadalupe.
Claim: Wayne said they have an injunction that will allow them to go out until things are decided in court.

It sounds like a fluid situation. I'm not sure how this is all going to play out :idk:

It could be a major miss by Aggressor, it could be a simple misunderstanding, it could be someone waiting for a kickback. I'm a little nervous about my trip :depressed:

If anyone knows anthing more, please post!!!

I think I'm going to make a call as well. I'm a bit nervous too and I want to know what their plan is for their customers if the trips get canceled. I'll post what I find out also.

If Aggressor dropped the ball on getting their proper permits/approvals, they better pick up change fees for our non-refundable air tickets.

I called the main Aggressor number and was reffered to Wayne. I haven't called him yet but I was told that the next trip is set to go out on schedule, I'm guessing the Oct 9th trip.

I spoke with Wayne Hasson this morning. Here is what I know.
Fact: the Navy did board the Aggressor and tell them to leave
Fact: the Aggressor did not go out this week.

Claim: Wayne said the boat has all it's permits. Some confusion about a "consortium" of all the liveaboards going to Guadalupe.
Claim: Wayne said they have an injunction that will allow them to go out until things are decided in court.

It sounds like a fluid situation. I'm not sure how this is all going to play out :idk:

It could be a major miss by Aggressor, it could be a simple misunderstanding, it could be someone waiting for a kickback. I'm a little nervous about my trip :depressed:

If anyone knows anthing more, please post!!!

I hope the "injunction" works out. The Mexican navy is pretty isolated out there and I'm not sure they are taking their direction from a mainland court. It wouldn't be the first time the Andrea Lynn (I mean Aggressor Baja) cut a few corners.

I called the main Aggressor number and was reffered to Wayne. I haven't called him yet but I was told that the next trip is set to go out on schedule, I'm guessing the Oct 9th trip.

Just because the boat goes out does not mean they will be asked to return early.

I don't think we are going to have any real good assurances until the boat goes back out and is allowed to stay. Obviously the Aggressor is going to say all systems are go until they know for sure it is shut down or not (too much money is on the line for the boat). Unfortunately for me, the first big test will be the week before my trip is scheduled.

Give Wayne a call Tuesday Oct 12 and I'm guessing we will know a little bit more (The trip that week leaves on the 8th, arrives in Guadalupe on the 9th, if there are no issues on the 9th-11th we are probably going to be OK.

We saw the Baja Aggressor (aka. Andrea Lynn) at Guadalupe Island on Sept 29 when the Mexican navy boarded all the boats at the island.The navy made the Baja Aggressor leave the island because they did not have the necessary permit to enter the reserve. A shipping agent who handles several other Guadalupe boats mentioned that they will not be allowed to return to Guadalupe because of this infraction. If true this would be a bad PR blow to Aggressor Fleet and a bummer for those to took the bait and booked the "cheap" trip.

Mung9948,

Its a small world...Either we were on the same boat or just a short swim apart(yeah, right) last week. I was on board the Horizon which was just north of Aggressor.

I actually have a great picture showing the Mexican Navy headed our way after boarding the Aggressor. The awesome part of the picture is that you can see Shredder in the photo coming to check them out :D

Full credit for the picture goes to Sean Collins who was diving with us and on deck when this occurred.

I was underwater (enjoying Shredder) at the time and only saw the boat from below. Since there was a great white shark in the water I forgot about the boat and by the time I was back on board the Mexican Navy was gone along with the Aggressor.

One of the crew commented that the Aggressor does not have all the necessary permits and thought they had been kicked out before. Since we had the right permits, the boarding was a quick affair. Apparently only 5 or so boats can get permits at this time.

What I don't get is if they Don't have the proper permits, why the heck are they even running these trips???? I'm sure they have been informed that they need some sort of permit to be allowed to operate there. If they are blatantly disregarding this and trying to sneak through the cracks to get people to go on these trips it's really going to piss me off, especially if I get all the way out there and have to turn around and leave. That happened to me on the Solmar V (Socorro trip) and there was almost a frickin mutiny on board.

Back
Top Bottom