Aggressor Adventures (or lack thereof)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

legrandwhite

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

We are a group of 8 divers who wanted to dive in Palau and booked the Rock Islands Agressor for one week in... May 2020.
Then disease struck and we tried to reschedule a couple of times, the latest tentative being for the first week of May 2022.
Problem is 6 of us are travelling from Singapore and 2 from Dubai, and with travel restrictions in North Asia the only way for us to get there is via the US!
That would mean we need two around the world tickets to get to Koror and back...
Now last year Agressor Adventures issued each of us a voucher with an expiration date of 14 Feb 2022, and now they are saying they want us to stick to the date and won't move our trip to later in the year.

In the face of this I would like to ask the forum a couple of questions:
- has anyone experienced something similar or are we just very unlucky?
- we have thoroughly looked at every option to get there but if you have any other idea (other than going via the US) please share!

Thank you.

I don’t know if this is helpful but when we traveled to Palau in 2016 we flew through Guam (a US territory). The only flight options at the time were to fly through Manila, Narita, or Guam. I know Singapore has very strict travel restrictions right now so I don’t know what your options are.

We have a trip to Indonesia we keep having to rebook too. Good luck.

Find a closer destination that's available, or sell or transfer the tickets to someone who can use them.

I don’t know if this is helpful but when we traveled to Palau in 2016 we flew through Guam (a US territory). The only flight options at the time were to fly through Manila, Narita, or Guam. I know Singapore has very strict travel restrictions right now so I don’t know what your options are.

Thanks Jo. There are no flights from/to Manila, Narita or Taipei.
The only option is Guam but the only flight to Guam is from Hawai, hence the round the world ticket option via the US...

Hi Jo, just to give an update on this, it seems like you were right!
Now that Philippines have opened we can fly via Manila.
But I still can't go as I have another constraint (my wife is expecting and baby is due at the end of May...).
At least my friends can go, and I'll have to find a buyer for a couple of tickets in the market place.
Thanks and enjoy your trip in Indonesia, also a great place to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom