Agamemnon Channel - Power Lines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrt Aggie channel... when an experienced dsat/tdi/padi/sdi course director will plan and execute a 330' as the culmination of 3 months training for his students and son, and NOT reference a tide chart for ANY reason other than to time passing through the skookumchuck at slack (since max flood and ebb flows are somewhat faster than the boat's top speed)... that to me says that the tides may not be a factor.

When ever we hit the channel, it seemed to me that currents are stratified inso much as the flow switched 180deg between a 30', 60' 100' and 160'... iirc it seemed to switch directions 3 or 4 times, but that was back in '07 so my memory may be suspect.

wrt Aggie channel... when an experienced dsat/tdi/padi/sdi course director will plan and execute a 330' as the culmination of 3 months training for his students and son, and NOT reference a tide chart for ANY reason other than to time passing through the skookumchuck at slack (since max flood and ebb flows are somewhat faster than the boat's top speed)... that to me says that the tides may not be a factor.

Considering it's a TDISDATSIDABC instructor that says to me the guy spent a lot of money collecting a lot of cards. It's the boat guys that I trust to make the right call.

When ever we hit the channel, it seemed to me that currents are stratified inso much as the flow switched 180deg between a 30', 60' 100' and 160'... iirc it seemed to switch directions 3 or 4 times, but that was back in '07 so my memory may be suspect.

I've done over 50 dives in that area and I've never seen that.

NAD:interesting attitude.

The individual to which we refer was the captain, and is currently a 200ton master. He owned a shop and sold that to concentrate on teaching better instructors... But since he is not a D-I-R clone, that diminishes him to... DM trainee or skiff jockey then??

as for the current shifts, they were quite subtle. I am not sure we would have noticed them had we not been actively watching the flow of floaties past solid structures on the wall

just because you cannot see nuclear radiation, does that mean something else pushes the US's aircraft carriers thru the water??? I would suspect that there may in-fact be many things in this world that you have not seen.

NAD:interesting attitude.

But not rare by any means.

The individual to which we refer was the captain, and is currently a 200ton master.

But you didn't say that in your original post. The devil is in the details.

But since he is not a D-I-R clone, that diminishes him to... DM trainee or skiff jockey then??

Funny. I never brought up DIR. You did. And I'm not sure why since the reference has no relevance to the thread. Must be a Freudian thing or something.

as for the current shifts, they were quite subtle. I am not sure we would have noticed them had we not been actively watching the flow of floaties past solid structures on the wall

Most of the dives I've done there I am the floatie. Still can't say I've noticed it.

just because you cannot see nuclear radiation, does that mean something else pushes the US's aircraft carriers thru the water???

WTF does that have to do with anything?

I would suspect that there may in-fact be many things in this world that you have not seen.

In the world? Yes. In Agamemnon? A few, but subtly shifting currents certainly isn't one of them.

I now return this thread back to its' original purpose, to showcase the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom