Aga Mk2 full face mask buddy breathing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cg13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi I am trying to master this skill it would be one I am hope I will never have to use as I always dive with a pony bottle and an alternate air sauce of my main tank what I am trying to master is a very hard skill and in my opinion on of the hardest skills to perform in scuba diving. I am trying to buddy breath of a full face mask and any pointers would be most helpful I just find it hard to clear the mask quickly and effectively I always seem to get water in the lower part of the mask which is annoying because this is where I take my fist breath I have tried purging it and breathing through the purge but it is very difficult has anyone had any experience in doffing and donning this mask it is the Aga Mk2

I can easily tack the mask of and go to an alternate air sauce and I have mastered it in cold water also which is not easy.

I can also switch from my alternate back to the mask some times but not others I think this is to do with the temple straps and the top strap are already tightened which keeps the mask snug on my face when I purge. But buddy breathing is another mater.

This new skill that I am trying will just improve my confidence with mask

Ive tried buddy breathing with a full face mask but not an aga unfortunately, i found the really important thing was to get the mask straps (the mask i tried it with had a 5 point strap across the back same as the aga) pulled over the top of the mask and round to the front so they do not get in the way when handing it back and forth, this way you can press and hold it to your face with your hand and get it cleared and start breathing. If you want to put it back on you then have time to loosen the straps and pull them round over your hear and tighten them again.

I should probably admit that me and the guy who tried this attempted it after watching the movie "sanctum" and failed miserably :D though to be fair the mask was a sabre SCBA mask that had been converted for scuba so it wasnt the easiest mask to work with :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom