aga ffm good deals anywhere??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcovgv

Registered
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone couold point me in a good direction regarding getting a good deal on a aga ffm and buddy phone system.. i am looking for 2 complete masks... i live in south florida so i would also like to find a dive shop where i could see the mask in person and try it..
regards

Keep your eyes open on the scratch and dent sale on the OTS website, they offer about the best deal your going to find.

Another option if you have a few months to wait is picking them up at the DEMA show in Miami in October... They have some great deals during the show.

Jeff Lane

maybe u know if there is a diff between the gold and black masks .. i cant really find any diff.. but maybe quality of rubber /silicone .. cant figure out why black is always 100.oo dollars more?

Natural rubber vs. silicone as it was explained to me.

The gray mask (military MK-20) is also silicone.

This is second hand information I believe to be correct but I normally do not post statements unless I can reference the information...

Jeff Lane

I second Jeff's recommendation that you wait for DEMA, with what you'll save, you can probably buy 3 sets rather than just 2.
AGAs w/buddyphone were on "show special", selling for below dealer cost.
OTS is the US Distributor, and they also sell direct to customers, something that irritates other dealers.
The black & gold are both silicone, the gray comes in natural and silicone. The natural rubber stands up to daily abuse if you dive them a lot, there are less issues with ripping out the strap hardware with the natural rubber. For the part time user the silicone would probably be preferred, they're a tad more comfy & may seat better.
Factory price of the gold vs black is the same, it's just more demand for the cool military black version.
If you can't wait for DEMA, PM me.

yeah i got mine from OTS...

It was about 6 or 7 years ago i got the putrid gold silicon Demand Aga for $275.

It was new at that price, but i know the prices went up to around $500. The black silicon mask is $100 more and Pos Pressure Aga is even gonna be even more.

I was only at OTS to get my existing Aga serviced. The rubber skirt was wearing badly and the tech told me he would sell me one for 275 new. So i have 2 Aga FFms now. They are very comfortable. I got my first one just to dive Lake Tahoe in comfort, water temp at depth was 36 F. My face wasnt cold, but my hands were, dove it in wet suit gloves.

Andy

Someone on the board asked me to check the aga prices about 2 months ago. What OTS told me was the following:

Demand gold $500 ish
Demand black $600 ish
PPressure $ i dont recall but it was in the 700 range.

hope that clears it up a bit.

Andy

these were quoted to me over the phone and i am not a dealer.

I looked at the AGA's but decided to go for the Poseidon Atmosphere FFM which comes with a 2nd stage Jetstream regulator. I love it. I'm happy with my decision. You may want to check it out. Very similar to the AGA. I got a good deal (authorized dealer) and if you message me I will send you his info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom