Ocean Reef conventional reg adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ross19966

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm really getting to love the Neptune FFM. I was thinking that a good option for alternate air instead of ditching the FFM and going mask and pony reg would be to attach the pony reg to the FFM using this adapter they sell. Problem is that short of 3D printing one, I can't find it anywhere. I've seen this setup in videos and it looks like pretty good solution. An inline shutoff goes on the pony 2nd stage. If the primary takes a dump, you switch the pony on and never have to ditch the FFM. I can't see a situation where something other than a failed 1st or 2nd stage would require ditching the FFM.

This is the part I'm looking for. Ocean Reef has it in 2 sizes but they don't divulge the dimensions of the two sizes.

So I'm really getting to love the Neptune FFM. I was thinking that a good option for alternate air instead of ditching the FFM and going mask and pony reg would be to attach the pony reg to the FFM using this adapter they sell. Problem is that short of 3D printing one, I can't find it anywhere. I've seen this setup in videos and it looks like pretty good solution. An inline shutoff goes on the pony 2nd stage. If the primary takes a dump, you switch the pony on and never have to ditch the FFM. I can't see a situation where something other than a failed 1st or 2nd stage would require ditching the FFM.

This is the part I'm looking for. Ocean Reef has it in 2 sizes but they don't divulge the dimensions of the two sizes.

If you ever got tangled in line or had an equipment issue that required removing your BC at depth it would be a real challenge with that FFM, plus a pony bottle attached to it.

My gf and I use ocean reef g divers that's has a bunch of add-ons. Scuba.com will get you any part you need.

I recommend you call or chat with them. Provide the link. They'll figure out if you need small or regular, if you tell them you don't know. My guess it's the mouth piece size.

I guess that instead of adding a conventional second stage to the FFM, which will make it even bulkier, you can add a Quick Disconnect to the main hose, and a female QD to the ponny bottle hose. Instead of shutting the main tank off and opening the ponny tank, switch the hoses with the QD.
Further more there are several LP switching blocks that allow to connect two incoming hoses and sellect which one is open.

That accesory seems to be composed of two main parts. A hard plastic nut that screws in the mask, and a silicon part that replaces the mouth piece of the conventional second stage.
Only the nut can be printed. The silicon part should be made of RTV silicon (Room Temperature Vulcanization).

I guess that instead of adding a conventional second stage to the FFM, which will make it even bulkier, you can add a Quick Disconnect to the main hose, and a female QD to the ponny bottle hose. Instead of shutting the main tank off and opening the ponny tank, switch the hoses with the QD.
Further more there are several LP switching blocks that allow to connect two incoming hoses and sellect which one is open.
Ocean reef has a similar gas block. The problem with that is that if the FFM 2nd stage goes out, you are still ditching the FFM. With the 2nd stage adapter, you have a completely independent air supply, 1st and 2nd stage.

My gf and I use ocean reef g divers that's has a bunch of add-ons. Scuba.com will get you any part you need.

I recommend you call or chat with them. Provide the link. They'll figure out if you need small or regular, if you tell them you don't know. My guess it's the mouth piece size.
I searched their website. I will send them the link and see what they can do.

That accesory seems to be composed of two main parts. A hard plastic nut that screws in the mask, and a silicon part that replaces the mouth piece of the conventional second stage.
Only the nut can be printed. The silicon part should be made of RTV silicon (Room Temperature Vulcanization).
I have the technology. :)

I have the technology. :)
I'm attaching the blind plug I did to my Neptune to remove the mic, if you need to copy the thread.

Attachments

• OR Neptune blind plug.zip
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 52
I'm attaching the blind plug I did to my Neptune to remove the mic, if you need to copy the thread.
Thanks. First thing I did after getting the FFM was to 3D scan the port plug and print a mic enclosure that connect to an audio recorder in a dry box. My thought was to print the part in 3 pieces. The nut, inner sleeve that seals to the mask and the transition from the round sleeve to the mouth piece. Nut goes over the sleeve, then the transition epoxied to the sleeve. I would take a 2nd stage fairly small in size and dedicate it to the FFM alternate air setup. Maybe epoxy the 2nd stage to the adapter. To swap out, you would just unscrew the adapter from the mask, install the port plug and switch the pony hose from the FFM alternate to the standard necklace worn alternate.

LDS has some small in size used and rebuilt Octo's for cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom