After hooking up zoop to computer, now it’s stuck in dive mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I hooked up my original zoop to my Mac with the suunto software. After disconnecting it, the time would work but when I pressed the mode button it thinks I am on a dive I am locked out from pressing any buttons. I cannot hook it back up to my computer as I need to hit the PC mode.

I took the battery out for a few hours and I am still having the same problem.

I even took the watch when it was on time mode after replacing the battery and put it in the pool to see if it would read again. It activated and was still in a Dive mode which would not shut off. It also was not accurate at all.

I know there is no way to clear the zoop, but any ideas on how to restore it back to factory standards?

A500C124-E852-4B70-9758-FFBF13FE9FA9.jpeg

Perhaps failed pressure sensor?

I just don’t know how hooking it up to my computer could cause it.

How long since its last dive?

I just don’t know how hooking it up to my computer could cause it.
That's not what caused it. The pressure sensor failed, as they do often on these devices.

You can try some steps such as soaking it in warm water and vinegar, but if you're in warranty, see if you can get it replaced.

If you do a search for "suunto bad sensor", you'll understand.

That's not what caused it. The pressure sensor failed, as they do often on these devices.

Licktronyx typically doesn't fail when it's off. It does fail when turned on, if you have to cycle through "dive mode" to get to "pc link mode", that could turn it on briefly. It could also be salt crystals formed after the last dive, then soaking as you suggest should (may) work.

I will try soaking it, I dove with it about 2 weeks ago. I do not have any problems with it before I started to connect it to my PC

Back
Top Bottom