After a few dozen dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chiung

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm happy with the SDA. The screen is awesome and the usability is much improved over the Uwatecs I've had.

A few things I'd like to see:

1) Louder alarms - like twice as loud so they can be heard in the open ocean, to overcome the sound of a few boat motors overhead as well as all the crackling and popping sounds of the ocean and reef life.

2) Alert screens that alternate with the default in-dive screen, instead of just a static Alert screen that requires a button slide to dismiss. Sometimes my hands are full and I can't slide the button to dismiss the alert screen.

3) I still wish the SDA color-coordinating "covers" had some sort of screen guard to protect the solar panel and OLED screen.

4) An offline PC logging capability, as others have mentioned.

Chiung and/or Drews,

If you were in the market to buy one today and with what you know about the SDA, would you buy the SDA, a different brand or wait for new intivations? I currently have an Aeris Epic that I bought on the recommendation of a dive shop and I absolutely hate it. It is hard to use and very confusing. I am a recreational diver; maybe if I dove more frequently the Aeris would be good...but I don't and I still hate it.

Chiung and/or Drews,

If you were in the market to buy one today and with what you know about the SDA, would you buy the SDA, a different brand or wait for new intivations? I currently have an Aeris Epic that I bought on the recommendation of a dive shop and I absolutely hate it. It is hard to use and very confusing. I am a recreational diver; maybe if I dove more frequently the Aeris would be good...but I don't and I still hate it.

The SDA does everything I need it to, with the above improvements it would do them perfectly. I didn't buy it counting on the potential tri-mix capability; the screen and ease of use sold me on it. I was tired of the wet contacts on my old Uwatecs - the slide buttons are much easier to use.

Don't like #1 - too much noise already :)

#2 is great idea

#3 nice to have yes

#4 Considering current UEMIS state this is becoming a must.

Back
Top Bottom