Afl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaMe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
in australia we have a sport called "Australian rules football".
it is a great game and i was wondering if there was any from another countries that has heard of AFL befor.
also i was wondering if there were any other sports that are from yuor country, that you think know one elce in this world knows. i wat to hear!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd always heard Aussie rules and rugby were similar/same. Are there big differences in the rules?

Do children play tiddly-winks down under? Its not reallly a sport but a great pasttime. I still play whenever I get the chance, my wife is embarrassed but I'm the block champ. Those kids don't have the dexterity that I do!

Australia Rules is an obsession to all Victorians and us northern states only play so we can BEAT them at it :D

its also known as aerial ping-pong :D

AFL has been my life since i was born, i live and love it.
im sorry i don't know what tiddly-winks is but we do play junior footy. i am only 15 and i play every sunday for a team. I also umpire, its great. its good money, keeps you really fit, and you meet lots of new people (after you put the obuse to the side).

tiddly winks.. isnt that the game with little tiny plastic round things like coins and you put them on the ground and then using one of the plastic things you try to flip the others inot a cup or something?

i dont think alot of aussie kids play this - not when you have footy and cricket and swimming

almitywife:
tiddly winks.. isnt that the game with little tiny plastic round things like coins and you put them on the ground and then using one of the plastic things you try to flip the others inot a cup or something?

So you're saying its not a real sport too? You got the right moniker I tell ya :D

Just cause it says under 10 on the box doesn't mean I can't play with it.

Seriously though, is there a difference between Australian rules football and Rugby? In the states I have always heard the terms used interchangeably but doubt that is correct.

Australian rules footy and rugby are quite dfiferent. the rules, the way you score, the fabric of the ball, the places its played, the shape of the feild. infact im off to the footy tonight. melbourne (demons) Vs geelong (the cats)

Back
Top Bottom