Afl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rugby is the game they play in Heaven... its as simple as that!

Aerial Ping Pong (AFL) is the sport the victorians created and named as "australian" but its more about a bunch of guys running around catching a ball in very tight shorts (they guys-not the ball). sydney has a team but we won the premiership finals last year so no longer care about it :)

my nephew use to play rugby, he once was gaudged on his back in a ruck (like a scrub) and his back now looks like he's been shot with a 12 guage. when he joined the army the doctors were quite impressed with the hole in his back.

seriously, for victorians - sport is more a religion than a obsession (refer: waterwayne above)

As far as strange sports - i like Hurling in Ireland, now thats cool!

dont go for gridion.. too many big girly men running around in padding and helmets - we dont wear that stuff here in Australia... our men are tough :D

as far as tiddly-winks, i thought "under 10" bit mean no more than 10 players :D

BTW: there is a HUGE Sydney V Melbourne competition thing here in oz - if you couldnt guess

I remember hearing about an AFL'er who grew tired of a nagging leg injury and finally reported to a doctor. The doc found a human tooth buried in the fellow's leg. It seems the fellow had first noticed the pain (but not the tooth) weeks before. Nobody had reported losing a tooth, either -- apparently a common enough occurrence.

That's football.

In a quick Google just now, the story didn't pop up, but I'd love to have a link. It would have been in the last ten years.

i havn't herd of the "tooth, leg" incident, but i do know that a player once lost one of his.........um........male "meat balls" during a game. the players name was steven, and he was my favorite players (not bicouse of his loss of man-hoon)but his retierd now.

WaterWayne:
You might date Sydney, but you should marry Melbourne. Go 'Roos!
i think your thinking of north melbourne(roos), there is an other team just call melbourne and there the Demons.(they won last night)

here is the offica AFL web site www.afl.com.au

Hey TaMe, what's the difference between the Demons and the Kangaroos, both from Melbourne? The AFL site refers to the Melbourne F.C. as the Kangaroos, but there is also a reference to the Demons.

BTW, I proudly wear the 'Roos shirt.

And how's your diving experience coming along? I'm trying to stay in practice during the winter season by diving in lakes, which is not great, but what are ya gonna do?

the kangaroos are "north melbourne" and the demons are just plain melbourne,

well, im getting my OW certificate in june, and after that i'll probibly just just head down to the lds and try do a couple of boat dives. mabey just go shor diving , i'll have to by a thick wet suit, ey.

almitywife:
Ta - start thinking Drysuit!!!
yeah, i guess so, but are they expencive or are they hard or difficult to use?

lol, look at how many posts you have compaid to me, ey al- :D

heheheeh - my post counts due to me being a MOF/NMOF'er!

anything scuba related is expensive but yes, drysuit easily twice as much as a good wetsuit. check out the buy swap and sell in that other dive forum you just joined for some ideas.

ive told hubby that next year is drysuit time for me! i was in Yap a month ago with 30decC water so im officially a warm water wuss!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom