Affordable FFM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone who cant afford an AGA I would highly recommend the
TEC-1 by Technisub. Just nabbed one off ebay for $69 NEW and I must say with my apeks 2nd it out performs the poseidon for breathing sensitivity (shallow anyway), the scubapro for field of view and the AGA with its glass lens. WAY cheaper than a Neptune (lets not go there). It does tend to fog a little but it is easily solved by holding a little water in the chin and swirling over lense as you go. Much simpler to maintain my Apeks second than an AGA with its million parts (and I can actually get parts for my TX!). The AGA still has the best field of view and no fogging, but this is the cheapest, most rugged I've found. Its got an indestructible WWI design. Complete with a nose cup - you can trim the thick rubber with a razor to suit your nose. Great deep chin pocket inside. Cant say enough about this mask. Only down side is the spider strap, it was a tad small. But still I HIGHLY recommend this option for what its worth. Score one for the Italians!

Attachments

• 80e2_2.JPG
    80e2_2.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 143
WWI... U don't say cool!!!

Word of caution, don't use for leisure dives, you might scare the kiddies LOL!

I just might get one cus it looks so bad... love that I can use my Apeks with it!

Btw FFMDiver, could you post a of yourself in full gear in that mask please?

SangP

no pic of me sorry. You can see the field of vision in this one. Looks like he's running a conshelf on it...

Attachments

• Guy_in_mask.JPG
    Guy_in_mask.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 164
You might be able to find one on e-bay or other places. Unfortunately, they were discontinued a few years ago. Keep an eye out for them. I would imagine that you might be able to find a buddy phone for one too. You might call OTS and see if they have any.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom