Aeris Velocity?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piratedivr

Reaction score
I have read some good reviews and some ppl really liking the Velocity but wasn't sure whether they were talking about the cheaper single fins, the split fin xp's, or the split fins duo's. Which is the popular choice?
Also I'll be diving in NC (Topsail area), so would split or single fins be more ideal?
Im new to diving so any advice would be very appreciated!

My wife and I have been diving the regular Velocity fin (open heel) and really liked them. They had some real good press in 2004 when we got them.

Aeris has now discontinued the product and have a new refined version on the market.

Pete

I have the Velocity Duo's and they are fine. I haven't tried any other fins since I purchased them in 2005 so I can't really compare. I bought them for snorkeling based on price and postive reviews knowing that I will eventually need for diving.

I did keep them stored in my garage in south Flrida heat for three years before keeping them inside when I got all my other gear. I also do a lot of beach diving so they get a fair amount of walking on shells an sand during my entry/exits. They've held up considerably well, but a little piece of rubber was coming off of the tip which is no big deal.

Greg

I have the Velocity Duo's and they are fine. I haven't tried any other fins since I purchased them in 2005 so I can't really compare. I bought them for snorkeling based on price and postive reviews knowing that I will eventually need for diving.

I did keep them stored in my garage in south Flrida heat for three years before keeping them inside when I got all my other gear. I also do a lot of beach diving so they get a fair amount of walking on shells an sand during my entry/exits. They've held up considerably well, but a little piece of rubber was coming off of the tip which is no big deal.

Greg

Thanks Greg. I'm considering getting me a pair of L/XL duo's for my size 10/11 foot. If you're lookin for a new pair you should check out divers-supply.com; I found this deal while searching for duo's, they have some for 49.95 until August 31, but limited sizes/colors.

Back
Top Bottom