Aeris Computer Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gerardnealon

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, today was my first dive of the season. I own a Aeris Atmos AI computer with a quick disconnect which is only 4 - 5 dives old. When I hooked up my rig my computer was reading ~100, ~1000, ~250 PSI in the tank. The different numbers were from turning it on and off a bunch of times. I could not get a solid PSI reading. My buddy's computer read that tank out fine. When I got home and hooked it up to my tank, it read perfectly fine.

Should I be worried about this? I am not sure what to think. If it wasnt for a spare SPG I wouldnt have been able to dive. I dont know if I should get it serviced or just let it go since its working now. Anyone ever experience anything like this? Any advice would really be appreciated.

Gerard

The only PSI related problem I have had with my Wisdom was quick disconnect related rather than computer related. Even when the computer failed (covered under warranty) the SPG portion continued to work. As electronics go the SPG portion of the computer is pretty simple.

My first thought would be a QD problem given the widely different readings and the normal reading later at home.

DA Aquamaster:
The only PSI related problem I have had with my Wisdom was quick disconnect related rather than computer related. Even when the computer failed (covered under warranty) the SPG portion continued to work. As electronics go the SPG portion of the computer is pretty simple.

My first thought would be a QD problem given the widely different readings and the normal reading later at home.

Interesting, what do you think the problem would be with the QD? Do you think it wasn't seated right? We tried a ton of time at the dive site w/o any luck. Thanks for the reply.

Gerard

Back
Top Bottom