Aeris Atmos Elite - peep peep vs BEEP BEEP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveSpeak

New
Reaction score
I bought an Aeris Atmos Elite Hoseless because it seemed to be more intuitively laid out (as opposed to the Aladin Air Pro) with the Ascent Rate, Oxy Tox, and N2itrogen Loading bar graphs.

But when I dove it in St. Lucia it seemed so quiet when I accidently exceeded 30FT/min above 60FT. (peep peep)

I've seen other divers with Aladins really "jump" to acknowledge an alarm because the buzzer was so loud, but mine almost slipped by me and it was on my own wrist!

Is it just that I need to mentally "tune in" to the frequency of my computer alarm, Is the "buzzer" in the tank Xmitter or Wrist assembly?, could it be that the buzzer is on the bottom of the Wrist assembly & I had it cinched too tight against my wetsuit?, or maybe a low battery could be the culprit even in a new computer?

Maybe I'm just goin deef!!!

I still love the large and super intuitive display, especially compared to the Aladin with its "blinking numbers" instead of bar graphs, but has anyone else had this problem? (With any dive computer)

Thanks all,

DiveSpeak

I have an atmos 2 and had the same problem until I got used to the sound. It's not very loud. Besides... I find the ascent rate indicator relatively useless. Mine almost ALWAYS says I have exceeded 30 FT/min, when in fact I pay special attention to my ascent rate! As a matter of fact I am always the last one up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom