Aeris Atmos AI or A300 AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rmartin2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My first post and the only reason I signed up for ScubaBoard was to get an opinion on the Aeris Atmos AI and the A300 AI. This will be my first computer and I have decided these are my favorites. I have seen the A300 in person at my LDS and I like it, but im not 100% trusting in the digital compass. I do like the fact that it is a newer computer. I havent seen the Atmos and A300 side by side (LDS was out of the Atmos), but it seems that the display screen of the Atmos is larger. Can someone confirm this? The display of the A300 seemed to be dim with no contrast adjustment. Maybe it was the screen protector making things look dim. So does anyone recomend one over the other and what are the reasons?

Thanks

I dive the Atmos AI and can't say I'm unhappy with it in any respect (other than some dive log software issues). I've got two - just sent one in for a refurb (sensor went bad and compass fell off it's axis). I do like the ease of menu navigation and the display info is adequate. I would suggest you get the QD on either model as it's way more convenient to carry just the computer around rather than a reg set. another suggestion is get a good retractor and attach it high on your right side. the HP hose gets fairly stiff under pressure and you don't want to be dragging the gage face. myself, next go around I'll probably go with a wrist mount and transmitter (connection issues will hopefully improve by then). It just a bit more convenient to just roll a wrist and get your info rather then having to reach down and retrieve your computer. The analog compass placement on the Atmos is very good and easy to use - not sure how the digital would compare.

Thanks for the info snowdog. I will definitely get the QD if I get one of these 2 computers. As far as wrist mount goes, I haven't decided if console or wrist was better for me. Although these Aeris computers are my favorites so far, I decided to go check out some other computers at another shop. To not veer off my own thread I will just say I'm not completely opposed to a wrist mount computer.

Thanks for the info snowdog. I will definitely get the QD if I get one of these 2 computers. As far as wrist mount goes, I haven't decided if console or wrist was better for me. Although these Aeris computers are my favorites so far, I decided to go check out some other computers at another shop. To not veer off my own thread I will just say I'm not completely opposed to a wrist mount computer.

Hello Rmartin2,

I dive the Atmos AI. It is 9 years old and works very well. Aeris uses (is made by Oceanic) the Oceanic software. Aeris computer products use common functions with Oceanic computers. For my wife and I, it makes programing our computers easy as she has a Pro Plus 2 (Oceanic), and my back-up computer is an Oceanic. Same key strokes, say programming.

I would get the console. It is a personal, or subjective choice. I like the consoles!

One issue I have had with my computer--it eats batteries. The newer Atmos AI does not have this problem, I am told.

If I had to buy a new computer today, and the atmos AI was not deeply discounted, I would buy the Pro Plus 2, or 3.

markm

...... I havent seen the Atmos and A300 side by side ....
Here you go.

atmosai_vs_a300ai.jpg

We have simulators and online classes (free when you register the dive computer with Aeris) for both models.

Thanks markmud and DiveNav. After the side by side pic I went and picked up the A300 AI. I had to stick with the console for now. It will be a nice match for a wrist mount if decide to get one in the future.

Back
Top Bottom