ADVICE PLEASE!! - Passes for diving at Sipadan in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four of us are planning to get to Sipadan in October. Any comments on the viz and weather conditions at that time of year? We need good internet access as we need to keep up with our own diving business in Belize - any comments on internet availablity and quality?
Regards
Ralph

Hi Ralph,
I have never been to Sipadan in October but looking on the internet the visability looks like it should be ok.
We had a couple of days with bad rain which effected the visability early in the morning but it soon brightened up.
They have internet in the bar area at Kapalai. I frequantly went onto the internet on an evening using my phone which was fine but it was very slow. I saw a few people on their laptops and there was also 2 computers availabile for use in the office/reception area.
Hope this helps
Sipadan is truly amazing!

Thanks Hutch. We are booked to go there in October. Will stay on the rig - they have internet and suprisingly enough, accomodation gets good ratings on Trip Advisor
Regards.
Ralph
Hi Ralph,
I have never been to Sipadan in October but looking on the internet the visability looks like it should be ok.
We had a couple of days with bad rain which effected the visability early in the morning but it soon brightened up.
They have internet in the bar area at Kapalai. I frequantly went onto the internet on an evening using my phone which was fine but it was very slow. I saw a few people on their laptops and there was also 2 computers availabile for use in the office/reception area.
Hope this helps
Sipadan is truly amazing!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom