Advice on Fitting a Bare Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blueeyes_austin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a bit torn which size Bare to get...

The XL is for 6' to 6'2", 210-235#

The XLS is for 5'8" to 5'10", 200-220#

I'm 5'11", 235#.

I've always just rented XLs in the past and they fit fine. Question, I guess is whether it is better for the wetsuit to be a little short or a little long....

Torn... I wish to share my displeasure with Bare suits. My wife has one that tore in the mid center torso the first trip we used it on. This was in the middle not along a seam. We sent it back to Bare and they glued the torn area (at no cost). The very next time we used it the torn area opened up again. This time Bare said it was out of warantee and they could not help us.. So just be wery of your new suit....austin]I'm a bit torn which size Bare to get...

The XL is for 6' to 6'2", 210-235#

The XLS is for 5'8" to 5'10", 200-220#

I'm 5'11", 235#.

I've always just rented XLs in the past and they fit fine. Question, I guess is whether it is better for the wetsuit to be a little short or a little long....[/QUOTE]

My experience...
I've got a Bare wetsuit and have had no problems with it at all. Nice suit. I also have friends diving Bare wetsuits and their suits are holding up wonderfully also.

Jason B.

blueeyes_austin,
I agree with jonnythan-if you can, try on the wetsuits at the shop to see which one fits. If you have no local shops that carry Bare then try Divetank.com as lal7176 suggested, which is where I also bought my Bare wetsuit. They will advise you on the best size. You didn't mention your chest/waist/hip sizes, check the sizing chart to make sure. Just be aware that XLS not only has shorter legs & arms but has a slightly shorter torso than the XL. So if you have a long torso or a bit of a belly you may find the XLS too tight in the crotch. Based on your height and weight the XL sounds like a closer fit. You won't really notice an extra inch on the legs & arms anyways.

Or you can do what I did.....buy the one that fits in the chest, torso area and then get it altered afterwards.

I am 5'11" @ ~300lbs - you tell what fits off the rack? SO I went with the XXXL and paid $30 to have the arms and legs shortened at a local neoprene 'tailor'

Other than that I have 3 Bare suits, and both my buddy and brother have them too - great suits IMO, you cannot go worng with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom