Advice on an NYC Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have free lodging in Ft. Lauderdale, you may want to consider doing your referral dive with Kevin from Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach, his SB username is scubakevdm. I dove with his operation and boat earlier this year and he's top notch.

ScubaBoard - View Profile: Scubakevdm

Thanks for the info Sam! I'll check it out.

No free lodging in FLL but I can get there for free :)

Tipsy

Absolutely this is an issue with E-Learning (I posted about this on the New Divers forum last week). I loved E-Learning and it was exactly what I wanted but didn't liked how I was tied to the computer for everything. So what I did was just purchase the Open Water manual at my LDS and have been reviewing ever since. Like I said, E-Learning is great but sometimes its nice to read something on the subway, in the bathroom, etc. I'll always have it.

That's great about the one-on-one. What a nice surprise. I liked Adventure Scuba but ended up signing with Pan Aqua. They were nice enough to give me the book, ERDP, Log Book all for $25 even though I did my E-Learning.

My buddy and I did our classroom and pool work with Village Divers and they were great. They let you go back to the pool as much as you need to and my buddy opted for a second session and found it really helpful and confidence-building.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom