advice needed for 2 diving days from Puerto Ayora, Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

world_traveler

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I posted here some time ago a question about Galapagos, but we changed plans and did another trip. Now I return with another question.
We'll be there in April, we'll do a cruise and 2 diving days from Puerto Ayora.
I have to decide between Academy Bay (Itinerary A) and Scuba Iguana (itineraries B or C).
From what I read, in theory all the itineraries are good, but which one gives me the most chances to see in 2 days hammerheads and sharks in general, schools of rays, mantas, if possible sea horses, invertebrates. Bellow are the itineraries. I'll appreciate any help to decide between them. I think it's better to dive at Gordon Rocks on the second day (as it's the most difficult site between them) but I'll do it also on the first day if itinerary C is the best.
I'll take private dives anyway so I guess the decision between the 2 shops it's less important, unless the equipment isn't good at one of them, or a special reason and then - I'll be happy to know it!

Thank you

A
1 - Mosquera & North Seymour
2 - Gordon Rocks

B
1- Beagle / Daphne
2- Seymour (the channel)/Gordon

C
1- Daphne / Gordon
2 - Floreana

Hi there, I dove with Scuba Iguana from PA over Christmas, you can read about my diving here:

Gordon Rocks- One of my best dive days ever! - Diving Destinations - Galapagos - Gordon Rock

Seymour Island (the channel)/Mosquera North -I enjoyed this dive, you got to dive with really playful seas and I also saw sharks and manta rays. - Diving Destinations - Galapagos - Seymour Island

Floreana - Diving Destinations - Galapagos - Floreana Island

I also dove Cousin/Bartolome and it was so bad and boring, I didn't even have enough to write a blog post about. So definitely don't do those.

Thank you , I thought nobody will answer anymore. i enjoyed your blog and pictures too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom