Advice and Tips on how to rig backplate and harness (Hollis) to suit a tall person

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 6'4". Another vote for a single piece of webbing.

If you use a crotch strap, the shoulder straps do not have to be tight. The waist belt and crotch strap will "lock down" the backplate. I have the length of my crotch strap adjusted so that it "pulls" the waist strap down a bit; that, coupled with not-overly-tight shoulder straps results in the waist strap riding over my navel. I do not like the waist strap much higher than that because then it begins to impinge on the lower rib cage, and restricts deep breathing.

Best wishes.

If you use a crotch strap, the shoulder straps do not have to be tight.

Warning for newbies. When you adjust the webbing make sure you are wearing your exposure protection. If you don't you run the risk that the harness is too tight and it becomes a PITA to get in and out of. I am speaking from experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom