Advice about protection wear, dry suit / wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I speculate that the air in the hood as well as a mask leak is because you are unintentionally exhaling some out your nose...

This is an uncommon thing, especially to new divers.

I get an error message with your link:

"

404: Missing Page​

You have requested a resource that is not available on the U-M Personal web server. It is difficult to guess why this is the case on a server with so many different, unrelated web pages, but the page, image, or resource you requested is not available at this time.

Here are some helpful tips:​

• Check the spelling in the web address that appears in the address bar
  • Search:
  • Use the helpful links below
  • Go to Home Page or back to Previous Page
"

I am very comfortable in my 5 mil at 62 degree water for all day diving.. literally 9 am to 330 pm ( I am warm natured)
My step kid is in commercial diving school in Seattle right now and he HATES his dry suit. He says he freezes in it.. I’m assuming he’s never layers properly. Last week I sent him the same base and mid layers I wear in my breathable waders duck hunting to see if that helps him any. (No word yet ). I was planning on getting certified for a dry suit to dive up there with him on visits but
he’s begging me to either invest in a semi dry or an open cell 7mm suit.. says he is much warmer and more comfortable throughout the day.
I have an 8mil semi dry I purchased pre-covid for winter spearfishing trips... but I’ve gotten to fat to wear it so I guess going back to the gym is in order.

I get an error message with your link:

"

404: Missing Page​

You have requested a resource that is not available on the U-M Personal web server. It is difficult to guess why this is the case on a server with so many different, unrelated web pages, but the page, image, or resource you requested is not available at this time.

Here are some helpful tips:​

• Check the spelling in the web address that appears in the address bar
  • Search:
  • Use the helpful links below
  • Go to Home Page or back to Previous Page
"
The link seems a little temperamental; just tried and it took 3 tries to load. Also, it's a large file with lots of graphics, so takes a few moments to appear.

www-personal.umich.edu/~lpt/pwrpnt/DrySuit.pdf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom