Adventure Racing - Off Topic And Of Minor Interest Only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paul19may

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A few Swampers will know already that I will be taking my adventure race team, Werewolves, to Primal Quest this year.

For anyone interested, the race used to be called Eco Challenge, is these days called Primal Quest and starts June 23; race ends July 2. The race is 500+ miles of mountain biking, running, kayaking and climbing all while navigating and map reading across the wilderness of Montana in a race lasting 10 constant days, with over 100,000' of elevation gain. (Which is quite a bit.) Not a stage race but continual racing. (The answer to the question is, we don't sleep much- 90 minutes per night, if we can manage it.)

If interested, once the race has started, you can track our progress online as we map read and navigate our way across the Montana mountains. Go to Primal Quest and go to the 'leaderboard and tracking' tab on the lower header after race start. (Team #54). :popcorn:

Pity there is no scuba section in this race- I might have stood a chance.
Wish us luck.
Best
P

That is fantastic. I wish you the best of luck. I used to always watch the eco Challenge and I have a great deal of respect for anyone who even attempts let alone finishes this race.

Best

Layne

That is really awesome. I would love to do that sometime, when I have the time/money. Best of luck to you and your team, and be safe.

Best of luck to you and your team, Paul!!!

A few Swampers will know already that I will be taking my adventure race team, Werewolves, to Primal Quest this year.

For anyone interested, the race used to be called Eco Challenge, is these days called Primal Quest and starts June 23; race ends July 2.
Best
P

The website says it begins June 21st? Am I just splitting hairs?
Do you guys get a handicap and start 2 days later? :rofl3:

Countdown to PQ Montana 2008 (June 21 - July 2):?

r,

SO

Wow, good luck Paul, that's quite a challenge!
Thanks for the link; very cool :popcorn:

Massive respect for you Paul. I used to watch Eco Challenge on TV. I was always in awe of the racers. Good Luck and "may the force be with you". :anakinpod:amidala:

The website says it begins June 21st? Am I just splitting hairs?
Do you guys get a handicap and start 2 days later? :rofl3:

Countdown to PQ Montana 2008 (June 21 - July 2):?

r,

SO

Check in, gear checks and ability checks (ability to climb, abseil, ascend, self and team recover on white water plus a host of others) starts on 21, my team flies on 21, we have our checks etc on 22 and race starts for all teams on 23.

Favourites to win are the professional teams, of course, of which there are about 15, then there are about 20 'may as well be called professional' teams, then a host of other first class teams and my team falls somewhere after that.

My prediction is #1= Team Nike, #2= Supplier Pipeline, #3= Merrel/ Zanfel. Werewolves intends to come in the top 50%, which will be an enormous challenge given the contenders- a bit like the Pro-Am golf tournaments, the odds are in the pro's favour, clearly.

If nothing else it will be hoot.

Check in, gear checks and ability checks (ability to climb, abseil, ascend, self and team recover on white water plus a host of others) starts on 21, my team flies on 21, we have our checks etc on 22 and race starts for all teams on 23.

Favourites to win are the professional teams, of course, of which there are about 15, then there are about 20 'may as well be called professional' teams, then a host of other first class teams and my team falls somewhere after that.

My prediction is #1= Team Nike, #2= Supplier Pipeline, #3= Merrel/ Zanfel. Werewolves intends to come in the top 50%, which will be an enormous challenge given the contenders- a bit like the Pro-Am golf tournaments, the odds are in the pro's favour, clearly.

If nothing else it will be hoot.

Wishing you and the werewolves all the best. Hope to see you soon and dive together. :D

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom