advancement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dementid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I did it I decided to start working towards getting my instructor cert I go to the EFR class tonight and will get my rescue class schedule so I can get started on my DM class.

I would have to agree on taking your time. I have been diving for 5 years and a DM for about 2. Personally I don't see a reason to become a inst. at this time since I don't own or plan to own a dive shop. As a DM I get to help people learn to dive and enjoy most of the benefits that an inst. would. But I don't have to spend a day in classroom teaching.

go for it, I love interacting with students, very challenging. I make much less than minimum wage, (there must be a law against that). but I assume if it is a passion then pay is irrelevant.:D

I just finished my DM this week. It is a tough process, but it definitely worth it.

I don't see any reason to do instructor either. I suppose I would if I could find a really good deal, but I just can't see spending $1500+ when I don't plan on doing it as a job.

Finished my rescue class today and on Tue I go pick up the books for my DM class

I don't see any reason to do instructor either. I suppose I would if I could find a really good deal, but I just can't see spending $1500+ when I don't plan on doing it as a job.

same sentiments here. i'm doing my NAUI divemaster internship right now, but want to focus a lot more on skills practice & tech before i even think about intructor ...

did the first of the practical modules work on some skills did the equip exchange under water , it wasnt prety but the instructor got a chuckle tho

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom