Advanced/Technical diving group?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another update--so far this thread has netted me two days of diving with two nice people. Anyone else interested?

I am, but may not be available until some time in October. I took my brother to Aurora on Saturday and got a few dives in. It was busy though, there were three shops with OW classes, plus an advanced and rescue class going on. We were hoping to go to Chatfield on Sunday, but it didn't work out.

Hey Jon just got back from my trip heard your trip was great. So do you have any plans to dive anytime this winter? I would love to do a rock lake trip some time.

Hey Jon just got back from my trip heard your trip was great. So do you have any plans to dive anytime this winter? I would love to do a rock lake trip some time.

Actually, I am working on such a trip either in December or January. I am heading out on another trip Thursday and will be gone for almost two weeks.

My last trip really showed the value of such a group. After being laid up for months with an injury, I was looking for ward to getting into some serious diving. I was in Cozumel for a week as a single diver. I started off with straight recreational diving, and I had a couple of mediocre days because the quality of the dive was determined by the least diver in the group. Once I was convinced I was ready for something more serious, I went with some decompression diving. I was lucky enough to tag along with a trimix class, otherwise as a single diver I would have had to pay the full cost of a technical guide plus the guides gas. By joining the class, those costs were shared.

I then went to Akumal for four days of cave diving. As a single diver, I had to pay the full cost of the guide. If I were part of a group, that cost would have been split among us. Fortunately, cave diving is so much cheaper than decompression diving that even paying the full fee it was cheaper than the decompression diving. (Something to think about for the budget minded, BTW.

My coming trip to the Bahamas will be fun, but once again it would be a lot more fun if I had a group of like-minded divers who could direct a dive to their specifications and share the cost of special dives.

I am interested in advanced skills and local diving for fun and to keep up those skills. Although, I'm not sure if full deco/overhead/tech diving is for me, I do hope to see this group continue. I'm planing to make it down to Chatfield this weekend to brush up on skills before going to The Dominican Republic over Christmas. Well see how it goes.

I am interested in advanced skills and local diving for fun and to keep up those skills. Although, I'm not sure if full deco/overhead/tech diving is for me, I do hope to see this group continue. I'm planing to make it down to Chatfield this weekend to brush up on skills before going to The Dominican Republic over Christmas. Well see how it goes.

Great! Keep in touch!

I am hoping to plan a trip to the Blue Hole and Rock Lake in the near future.

I'm interested.
Ironically, I was diving at Rock Lake the day you posted this. It was a perfect diving day. The air was warm, and there was no wind at all. I won't be back for at least 2 months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom