Advanced Open Water in Thailand - any suggestions, please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahh but I have the real info now - here's a nice unsolicited PM from jdfmail

You have a problem with me? Chill out man. There is more than one way to look at things. And what I have posted is not BS it is what I see after living here for many years and the view of all my very wealthy Thai friends that are divers here. If you don't agree there is no need for personal attacks. You clearly have a financial interest in the dive scene here, don't take what I say personally.

so even though he has limited (very) experience on liveaboards what he states is gospel cos thats what his "very wealthy thai friends" who are divers have said. Funny then that in general as another poster has said the Thai owned & operated boats tend to be the more expensive in their class and quite often can give a poorer service than other "foreign" boats.

Oh, and by the way, I did not make a personal attack on your I merely informed the rest of those reading that in my OPINION the information that you gave was misleading to say the least and in my OPINION dangerous to a newly qualified diver who believed that you actually knew what you were talking about even though on this occasion you clearly dont

ahh but I have the real info now - here's a nice unsolicited PM from jdfmail

You have a problem with me? Chill out man. There is more than one way to look at things. And what I have posted is not BS it is what I see after living here for many years and the view of all my very wealthy Thai friends that are divers here. If you don't agree there is no need for personal attacks. You clearly have a financial interest in the dive scene here, don't take what I say personally.

so even though he has limited (very) experience on liveaboards what he states is gospel cos thats what his "very wealthy thai friends" who are divers have said. Funny then that in general as another poster has said the Thai owned & operated boats tend to be the more expensive in their class and quite often can give a poorer service than other "foreign" boats.

Oh, and by the way, I did not make a personal attack on your I merely informed the rest of those reading that in my OPINION the information that you gave was misleading to say the least and in my OPINION dangerous to a newly qualified diver who believed that you actually knew what you were talking about even though on this occasion you clearly dont

Smartecosse,

PM's are in nature unsolicited, most of the time! They are mainly send in this form to keep information privat or to get a privat conversation under way, off the public board. In general, information included in PM's is not meant to and shouldn't be published, unless permission is given by the person who sent you the PM. That's just plain courtesy.

jdfmail has send you information that imho doesn't justify this very personal attack on him, to me it actually looks like a very nice mail/pm explaining his point of view. Although you may and can disagree on his point of view, I think that your reaction is very unfortunate and actually very much over the top.

By posting this PM on the open board you actually breach a form of trust which in this case seems to be totally uncalled for.

Just my 2 satangs.

agree that posting pms is not pc BUT i dont get the bit where you say that he is making a personal attack?

I agree, posting a PM without permission violates the norm on SB. The whole point of a PM as Limbo stated is to communicate something privately.

For what it is worth, I think you get what you pay for. I splurged for a posh liveaboard and thought it was great, but then again it was the only one I tried so far in the Andaman.

Arizona

THanks Limbo and Arizona...

Didn't know that I would need thick skin on this board.

Back
Top Bottom