Advanced Nitrox Cert. For Drager?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dude

Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked up a new Drager yesterday. Next month I'm going to start arranging classes with an instructer.
Do I need an advanced nitrox cert in order to get my tanks filled with anything above EANx40?

Diver Dude:
Just picked up a new Drager yesterday. Next month I'm going to start arranging classes with an instructer.
Do I need an advanced nitrox cert in order to get my tanks filled with anything above EANx40?

Not for PADI or TDI - a regular recreational Nitrox certification is all that's required.

ANDI requires CSU - Complete SafeAir User or equivalent.
CSU allows certifies to 50% O2 content and two different nitrox mixes on OC.
The Dräger c-card allows you to use the mixes the unit works with on that unit.

NAUI doesn't require it for CCR, so it's safe to asume they won't for SCR either.
AFAIK only IANTD requires advanced nitrox (for CCR, ddn't know for SCR).

caveseeker7:
ANDI requires CSU - Complete SafeAir User or equivalent.
CSU allows certifies to 50% O2 content and two different nitrox mixes on OC.
The Dräger c-card allows you to use the mixes the unit works with on that unit.

NAUI doesn't require it for CCR, so it's safe to asume they won't for SCR either.
AFAIK only IANTD requires advanced nitrox (for CCR, ddn't know for SCR).

IANTD only requires Nitrox (not Advanced Nitrox) for Semi-Closed Rebreather certification, either Drager Dolphin or OMG Azimuth.

Diver Dude:

Not for TDI or PADI, but if you can take one it might be a good idea. I just took my Drager training this weekend. Prior to class I read Jeff Bozanic's book, the TDI manual, and of course the Dolphin manual. My prep was good enough that we basically skipped the classroom lecture, and I aced the test. But, I did wish that I had been more comfortable with all the nitrox related equations. Not because they are hard, but rather to do a really good dive prep I found myself pulling out formulas and having to think through things. I would have had less stress if I had run the drills more times prior to diving, and had made a cheat sheet of steps and tables to have. BTW, I laminated some of the tables and that helped a lot.

Fun class, fun unit to dive.

Ron Micjan wrote a very good article regarding rebreathers and partial pressure that explains all that very well and includes the nitrox basics needed.
It's published on Ron's website as well as Rebreather World .

Also if you use the metric system (in general with RBs) it makes life a whole lot easier as you can do most math in your head. Some agencies have materials and even separate tables (like ANDI) that support this.
For RBs definitely the way to go.

Thanks to all of you for the info provided.
Back in November I decided to get a rebreather. That is when I started reading this forum.
The information provided by this forum has been invaluable to me as far as deciding which rebreather was the perfect one for my needs.
Caveseeker..I'm going to try your metric idea.
Scubanimal...I have Bozanic's book, the TDI scr manual, a book on nitrox diving and now the Drager manual. I have been studying these texts for months.
Thanks again, guys

We are kinda from the same area so If you don't mind me asking where did you get your rebreather from im kinda in the market for one myself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom