Advanced Diver Ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha,
I know those numbers I posted earlier aren't the most current and they don't do a great job in reporting the whole story, but that's all I could find at the time. The figures are straight from DAN. If anyone has more current data, I'd love to take a look.

There has been one more fatality on the California coast, but it was further north in the Monterrey Peninsula, and I have absolutely no info on it.

Perhaps we could assist the magazines in gathering as much info about dive accidents as possible... we certainly have more members than they have reporters. Someday soon, we'll have more members than they have subscribers. Makes ya think!

So I'll see my lil Mermaid in a couple of weeks huh? Don't think I didn't catch that...

Mario :D

Hi Natasha,

I also had heard about the death in Bonaire as well. It appears it was a very new diver doing some very stupid diving. Here is info taken from the Bonaire board..

"There is a missing diver, who was quite inexperienced (less than 20 dives, including all his certification dives), and
decided to do a solo dive at the Something Special dive site on Sunday, December 10th, while his girlfriend was on
shore. He never came back, and many days of searches by local dive operators, various marine agencies and
helicopter failed to locate any trace of him. He was from Holland, and he was staying at Habitat."

Triton,
Thank you for the great link. I'd be interested in finding out what their gear configuration looked like. Have you tried to contact Amy Ettinger for more info? If not would you like to follow up on it? The more we know about these types of things, the more we can learn from them.

Mario :(

should have a minimum number of logged dives requirement. No doubt.

:doctor:

Back
Top Bottom