adjusting twin tanks tank bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galbayam

New
Reaction score
hi guys.

i have just purchased an 11l twin set for myself with valves manifold and tank bands for myself.

wanted to know if anyone can help me out and explain how to put the tank bands properly so they are in the right height and that they do not harm or bend the manifold.

Thank you

Step 10 in the above link needs some additional clarification.

As you slide the bands on the tanks, and in particular as you begin to tighten them, be sure that the isolator/cross bar is able to rotate freely. As the bands are snugged up the center to center distance will change slightly, so you need to:

1) tighten the bands slowly and evenly to keep the tanks parallel to prevent the isolator/cross bar from being stressed and potentially bent, and

2) You may need to rotate the isolator one way or the other to allow the center to center distance of the isolator to match that of the bands. If you fail to do so, the tanks will not stay parallel, the isolator cross bar will be stressed, and the bands will not share the load evenly.

You can screw up pretty much any of the other steps and be fine, but this one is vital and deserved a lot more text than it got in the link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom