adding metal D rings to a bc ( tusa 2100)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ha ha , when i grow up im gonna get a b/p wing , they seem much better

I just added two (2) "D" Rings to my Seaquest Balance. I brought the kit to a marine awning/bimini/sail-cover maker near a local marina in So. Cal. They had special German-made sewing machines designed to easily penetrate thick fabrics like nylon webbing. I provided them with a piece of nylon webbing and 2 SS "D" rings... presto 10 minutes later they were perfectly mounted, just like factory new. They used a special marine-grade polyester thread impervious to salt water and UV light.

Last week, I had called several local manufactures of dive gear and a few local shops to see if they could attach the "D" rings attached, to no avail.

So... try either a sail maker, canvas awning or marine repair shop.
Good luck.

Garv

Alright Fred, great. Is it possible to tell us the name of this shop or are you keeping it a secret? If its a secret could you give us a hint?

ha ha , how about were on earth i can get some D rings , iv been all over looking for some :) , what should i ask for and what kind of shop sells them

i found some , average ones , gonna tr will post some picks :)

Alright Fred, great. Is it possible to tell us the name of this shop or are you keeping it a secret? If its a secret could you give us a hint?

Stakanak,

Albert Boat Covers and Awnings Plus

1839 Redondo Avenue
Signal Hills CA 90755
(near Long Beach CA)

Office: 562-498-6498
cell: 562-338-5024

Owner: Albert Portillo

No secret. I hope that helps.

Garv

Hey Stakanak,

The OP lives in South Africa, obviously nowhere near Long Beach.

That is why I didn't list the shop address... capish? :eyebrow:

Garv

Back
Top Bottom